Anti-AKT2 antibody (ab13991)
- Product nameAnti-AKT2 antibodySee all AKT2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionChicken polyclonal to AKT2
- Tested applicationsWB, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat
Synthetic peptide: NSLKQRAPGEDPMDYKC, corresponding to amino acids 108-124 of Human AKT2.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Sodium Azide
Constituents: PBS, pH 7.7
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesPeptide immunogen affinity column.
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab13991 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Not tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionGeneral protein kinase capable of phosphorylating several known proteins.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in all human cell types so far analyzed.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. AGC Ser/Thr protein kinase family. RAC subfamily.
Contains 1 AGC-kinase C-terminal domain.
Contains 1 PH domain.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsPhosphorylation on Thr-309 and Ser-474 is required for full activity.
Ubiquitinated; undergoes both 'Lys-48'- and 'Lys-63'-linked polyubiquitination. TRAF6-induced 'Lys-63'-linked AKT2 ubiquitination. When fully phosphorylated and translocated into the nucleus, undergoes 'Lys-48'-polyubiquitination catalyzed by TTC3, leading to its degradation by the proteasome.
- AKT 2 antibodyAkt2 antibodyAKT2_HUMAN antibody
- HIHGHH antibodyMurine thymoma viral (v-akt) homolog 2 antibodyOncogene AKT2 protein kinase B beta antibodyPKB antibodyPKB antibodyPKB beta antibodyPKBB antibodyPKBBETA antibodyPRKBB antibodyProtein kinase Akt 2 antibodyProtein kinase Akt-2 antibodyProtein kinase B beta antibodyRAC BETA antibodyRAC beta serine threonine protein kinase antibodyRAC PK beta antibodyRac protein kinase beta antibodyRAC-BETA antibodyRAC-beta serine/threonine-protein kinase antibodyRAC-PK-beta antibodyRACbeta antibodyV AKT Murine Thymoma Viral Oncogene Homolog 2 antibodyV-AKT murine thymoma viral oncogene homolog 2 antibody
Anti-AKT2 antibody images
Anti-AKT2 antibody (ab13991) at 1/500 dilution + mouse skin, whole tissue lysate at 4 µg
Goat polyclonal Secondary Antibody to Mouse IgG - H&L (HRP) (ab6789) at 1/3000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 56 kDa
Observed band size : 58 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Exposure time : 1 minute
This image is courtesy of an anonymous Abreview
References for Anti-AKT2 antibody (ab13991)
This product has been referenced in:
- Sully K et al. The mTOR inhibitor rapamycin opposes carcinogenic changes to epidermal Akt1/PKBa isoform signaling. Oncogene : (2012). Read more (PubMed: 22890326) »
- O'Shaughnessy RF et al. AKT-dependent HspB1 (Hsp27) activity in epidermal differentiation. J Biol Chem 282:17297-305 (2007). Read more (PubMed: 17439945) »