Anti-AKT3 antibody [66C1247] (ab13919)
- Product nameAnti-AKT3 antibody [66C1247]See all AKT3 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [66C1247] to AKT3
- Tested applicationsWB, ICC/IF, Flow Cyt more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide: CSPTSQIDNIGEEEMDAS, corresponding to amino acids 119-136 of Human AKT3. This sequence is identical in human, mouse and rat.
- Positive control
- Human kidney lysate
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.1mg/ml BSA, PBS
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number66C1247
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab13919 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 - 2 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 56 kDa. Ab13919 can be used for detection of AKT3 in human, mouse and rat by western blot analysis.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 1 - 5 µg/ml.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use 1-2µg for 106 cells.|
- FunctionIGF-1 leads to the activation of AKT3, which may play a role in regulating cell survival. Capable of phosphorylating several known proteins. Truncated isoform 2/PKB gamma 1 without the second serine phosphorylation site could still be stimulated but to a lesser extent.
- Tissue specificityIn adult tissues, it is highly expressed in brain, lung and kidney, but weakly in heart, testis and liver. In fetal tissues, it is highly expressed in heart, liver and brain and not at all in kidney.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. AGC Ser/Thr protein kinase family. RAC subfamily.
Contains 1 AGC-kinase C-terminal domain.
Contains 1 PH domain.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
- DomainBinding of the PH domain to the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase alpha (PI(3)K) results in its targeting to the plasma membrane.
modificationsPhosphorylation on Thr-305 and Ser-472 is required for full activity (By similarity). Phosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR.
Ubiquitinated. When fully phosphorylated and translocated into the nucleus, undergoes 'Lys-48'-polyubiquitination catalyzed by TTC3, leading to its degradation by the proteasome.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Membrane. Membrane-associated after cell stimulation leading to its translocation.
- Akt3 antibody
- AKT3 kinase antibody
- AKT3_HUMAN antibody
- DKFZP434N0250 antibody
- PKB Gamma antibody
- PKBG antibody
- PRKBG antibody
- Protein kinase Akt-3 antibody
- Protein Kinase AKT3 antibody
- Protein Kinase B Gamma antibody
- RAC gamma antibody
- RAC Gamma Serine/Threonine Protein Kinase antibody
- RAC-gamma serine/threonine-protein kinase antibody
- RAC-PK-gamma antibody
- RACPK Gamma antibody
- Serine threonine protein kinase Akt 3 antibody
- Serine Threonine Protein Kinase AKT3 antibody
- STK 2 antibody
- STK-2 antibody
- STK2 antibody
- V akt murine thymoma viral oncogene homolog 3 protein kinase B gamma antibody
- VAKT Murine Thymoma Viral Oncogene Homolog 3 antibody
Anti-AKT3 antibody [66C1247] images
ICC/IF image of ab13919 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 100% methanol fixed (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab13919, 1æg/ml) overnight at +4øC. The secondary antibody (green)ÿwas Alexa Fluor© 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor© 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43æM.
Overlay histogram showing SH-SY5Y cells stained with ab13919 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab13919, 1µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91353, 2µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed. This antibody gave a positive signal in SH-SY5Y cells fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min)/permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min used under the same conditions.