Anti-AKT3 antibody (ab26856)
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C long term. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab26856 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ELISA||ELISA: Use a concentration of 0.5 µg/ml.|
|WB||WB: 1/500. Predicted molecular weight: 56 kDa.|
- FunctionIGF-1 leads to the activation of AKT3, which may play a role in regulating cell survival. Capable of phosphorylating several known proteins. Truncated isoform 2/PKB gamma 1 without the second serine phosphorylation site could still be stimulated but to a lesser extent.
- Tissue specificityIn adult tissues, it is highly expressed in brain, lung and kidney, but weakly in heart, testis and liver. In fetal tissues, it is highly expressed in heart, liver and brain and not at all in kidney.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. AGC Ser/Thr protein kinase family. RAC subfamily.
Contains 1 AGC-kinase C-terminal domain.
Contains 1 PH domain.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
- DomainBinding of the PH domain to the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase alpha (PI(3)K) results in its targeting to the plasma membrane.
modificationsPhosphorylation on Thr-305 and Ser-472 is required for full activity (By similarity). Phosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR.
Ubiquitinated. When fully phosphorylated and translocated into the nucleus, undergoes 'Lys-48'-polyubiquitination catalyzed by TTC3, leading to its degradation by the proteasome.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Membrane. Membrane-associated after cell stimulation leading to its translocation.
- Akt3 antibody
- AKT3 kinase antibody
- AKT3_HUMAN antibody
- DKFZP434N0250 antibody
- PKB Gamma antibody
- PKBG antibody
- PRKBG antibody
- Protein kinase Akt-3 antibody
- Protein Kinase AKT3 antibody
- Protein Kinase B Gamma antibody
- RAC gamma antibody
- RAC Gamma Serine/Threonine Protein Kinase antibody
- RAC-gamma serine/threonine-protein kinase antibody
- RAC-PK-gamma antibody
- RACPK Gamma antibody
- Serine threonine protein kinase Akt 3 antibody
- Serine Threonine Protein Kinase AKT3 antibody
- STK 2 antibody
- STK-2 antibody
- STK2 antibody
- V akt murine thymoma viral oncogene homolog 3 protein kinase B gamma antibody
- VAKT Murine Thymoma Viral Oncogene Homolog 3 antibody
References for Anti-AKT3 antibody (ab26856)
ab26856 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.