Anti-ALDH3A1 antibody (ab76976)
- Product nameAnti-ALDH3A1 antibodySee all ALDH3A1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to ALDH3A1
- SpecificityThis antibody is predicted to have no cross reactivity to ALDH3A2.
- Tested applicationsWB, IHC-P, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide (Human): a 13 amino acid peptide from near the C terminus of human ALDH3A1. (NP_000682).
- Positive control
- Human stomach tissue lysate This antibody gave a positive result in IHC in the following FFPE tissue: Human lung adenocarcinoma. IF/ICC: A549 cell line.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Energy transfer pathways
- Energy Metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab76976 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 - 2 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 50 kDa.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
- FunctionALDHs play a major role in the detoxification of alcohol-derived acetaldehyde. They are involved in the metabolism of corticosteroids, biogenic amines, neurotransmitters, and lipid peroxidation. This protein preferentially oxidizes aromatic aldehyde substrates. It may play a role in the oxidation of toxic aldehydes.
- Tissue specificityHigh levels in stomach, esophagus and lung; low level in the liver and kidney.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the aldehyde dehydrogenase family.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm.
- Acetaldehyde dehydrogenase 3 antibody
- AHD 4 antibody
- AHD C antibody
- Ahd4 antibody
- AHDC antibody
- AL3A1_HUMAN antibody
- Aldehyde dehydrogenase 3 antibody
- Aldehyde dehydrogenase 3 family member A1 antibody
- Aldehyde dehydrogenase 3 family, member A1 antibody
- Aldehyde dehydrogenase 3A1 antibody
- Aldehyde dehydrogenase antibody
- Aldehyde dehydrogenase class 3 antibody
- Aldehyde dehydrogenase dimeric NADP preferring antibody
- Aldehyde dehydrogenase family 3 member A1 antibody
- Aldehyde dehydrogenase family 3 subfamily A1 antibody
- Aldehyde dehydrogenase family 3, subfamily A, member 1 antibody
- Aldehyde dehydrogenase isozyme 3 antibody
- Aldehyde dehydrogenase type III antibody
- Aldehyde dehydrogenase, dimeric NADP preferring antibody
- ALDH 3 antibody
- ALDH 3A1 antibody
- ALDH III antibody
- ALDH, stomach type antibody
- ALDH3 A1 antibody
- ALDH3 antibody
- ALDH3A 1 antibody
- Aldh3a1 antibody
- ALDHIII antibody
- dimeric NADP-preferring antibody
- MGC10406 antibody
- Stomach aldehyde dehydrogenase antibody
- Tumor associated aldehyde dehydrogenase tumor ALDH antibody
Anti-ALDH3A1 antibody images
ICC/IF image of ab76976 stained A549 cells. The cells were 100% methanol fixed (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab76976, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was ab96899, DyLight® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM
Lane 1 : Anti-ALDH3A1 antibody (ab76976) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 2 : Anti-ALDH3A1 antibody (ab76976) at 2 µg/ml
Lane 1 : human stomach lysate
Lane 2 : human stomach lysate
Lysates/proteins at 15 µg per lane.
Predicted band size : 50 kDa
Observed band size : 50 kDa
IHC image of ALDH3A1 staining in Human lung adenocarcinoma formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab76976, 5µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
References for Anti-ALDH3A1 antibody (ab76976)
This product has been referenced in:
- Xiao N et al. A novel aldehyde dehydrogenase-3 activator (Alda-89) protects submandibular gland function from irradiation without accelerating tumor growth. Clin Cancer Res 19:4455-64 (2013). Read more (PubMed: 23812668) »