Anti-ALDH5A1 antibody (ab106823)
- Product nameAnti-ALDH5A1 antibodySee all ALDH5A1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionGoat polyclonal to ALDH5A1
- SpecificityThis antibody is expected to recognize both reported isoforms (NP_733936.1; NP_001071.1)
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Cow, Dog, Chimpanzee
Synthetic peptide: SQDPAQIWRVAE by a Cysteine residue linker, corresponding to internal sequence amino acids 472-483 of Human ALDH5A1 (NP_733936.1; NP_001071.1)
- Positive controlHuman, Mouse and Rat Liver lysate
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.5% BSA, Tris buffered saline, pH 7.3
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesPurified from goat serum by ammonium sulphate precipitation followed by antigen affinity chromatography using the immunizing peptide.
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab106823 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 0.3 - 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 57 kDa.|
- FunctionCatalyzes one step in the degradation of the inhibitory neurotransmitter gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA).
- Tissue specificityBrain, pancreas, heart, liver, skeletal muscle and kidney. Lower in placenta.
- PathwayAmino-acid degradation; 4-aminobutanoate degradation.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in ALDH5A1 are the cause of succinate semialdehyde dehydrogenase deficiency (SSADH deficiency) [MIM:271980]. SSADH deficiency is a rare inborn error in the metabolism of 4-aminobutyric acid (GABA) which leads to accumulation of 4-hydroxybutyric acid in physiologic fluids of patients. The disease is characterized by severe ataxia and by mildly retarded psychomotor development.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the aldehyde dehydrogenase family.
- Cellular localizationMitochondrion.
- Aldedehyde dehydrogenase 5 family antibodyAldehyde dehydrogenase 5 family member A1 antibodyAldehyde dehydrogenase 5A1 antibody
- Aldehyde dehydrogenase family 5 member A1 antibodyALDH5A 1 antibodyAldh5a1 antibodymitochondrial antibodyMitochondrial succinate semialdehyde dehydrogenase antibodyNAD(+) dependent succinic semialdehyde dehydrogenase antibodyNAD(+)-dependent succinic semialdehyde dehydrogenase antibodySSADH antibodySSDH antibodySSDH_HUMAN antibodySuccinate semialdehyde dehydrogenase antibodySuccinate-semialdehyde dehydrogenase antibody
Anti-ALDH5A1 antibody images
Anti-ALDH5A1 antibody (ab106823) at 0.5 µg/ml + Human Liver lysate at 35 µg
developed using the ECL technique
Predicted band size : 57 kDa
References for Anti-ALDH5A1 antibody (ab106823)
ab106823 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.