Anti-ALDH5A1 antibody (ab77078)
- Product nameAnti-ALDH5A1 antibodySee all ALDH5A1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to ALDH5A1
- Tested applicationsWB, ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic 22 amino acid peptide from near the C terminus of Human ALDH5A1 (NP_733936).
- Positive control
- Mouse liver tissue lysate.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab77078 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 - 2 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 57 kDa.|
|ELISA||ELISA: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- FunctionCatalyzes one step in the degradation of the inhibitory neurotransmitter gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA).
- Tissue specificityBrain, pancreas, heart, liver, skeletal muscle and kidney. Lower in placenta.
- PathwayAmino-acid degradation; 4-aminobutanoate degradation.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in ALDH5A1 are the cause of succinate semialdehyde dehydrogenase deficiency (SSADH deficiency) [MIM:271980]. SSADH deficiency is a rare inborn error in the metabolism of 4-aminobutyric acid (GABA) which leads to accumulation of 4-hydroxybutyric acid in physiologic fluids of patients. The disease is characterized by severe ataxia and by mildly retarded psychomotor development.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the aldehyde dehydrogenase family.
- Cellular localizationMitochondrion.
- Aldedehyde dehydrogenase 5 family antibody
- Aldehyde dehydrogenase 5 family member A1 antibody
- Aldehyde dehydrogenase 5A1 antibody
- Aldehyde dehydrogenase family 5 member A1 antibody
- ALDH5A 1 antibody
- Aldh5a1 antibody
- mitochondrial antibody
- Mitochondrial succinate semialdehyde dehydrogenase antibody
- NAD(+) dependent succinic semialdehyde dehydrogenase antibody
- NAD(+)-dependent succinic semialdehyde dehydrogenase antibody
- OTTHUMP00000016088 antibody
- SSADH antibody
- SSDH antibody
- SSDH_HUMAN antibody
- Succinate semialdehyde dehydrogenase antibody
- Succinate-semialdehyde dehydrogenase antibody
Anti-ALDH5A1 antibody images
Lane 1 : Anti-ALDH5A1 antibody (ab77078) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 2 : Anti-ALDH5A1 antibody (ab77078) at 2 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Mouse liver lysate
Lane 2 : Mouse liver lysate
Lysates/proteins at 15 µg per lane.
Predicted band size : 57 kDa
Observed band size : 57 kDa
Additional bands at : 60 kDa,>90 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
References for Anti-ALDH5A1 antibody (ab77078)
ab77078 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.