Anti-AP180 antibody (ab33898)
- Product nameAnti-AP180 antibodySee all AP180 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to AP180
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, WB, IHC-FoFr more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat
Predicted to work with: Chicken, Human, Orangutan
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH derived from within residues 850 to the C-terminus of Rat AP180.
(Peptide available as ab33897.)
- Positive controlab33898 gave a positive signal in Rat Brain and Rat Liver Tissue Lysates.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab33898 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 170 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 93 kDa).Can be blocked with AP180 peptide (ab33897).|
- RelevanceAP180 is a clathrin binding phospho-protein and faciliates the formation of clathrin coats. This protein is also known as pp155, NP185, F1-20, and AP-3. During neurotransmitter release synaptic vesicles fuse with the presynaptic plasma membrane. A whole protein machinery consisting of amphiphysin, clathrin, endophilin and synaptojanin is involved in the subsequent endocytotic recycling of the synaptic vesicles.
- Cellular localizationComponent of the coat surrounding the cytoplasmic face of coated vesicles in the plasma membrane.
- 91 kDa synaptosomal associated protein antibodyAP 180 antibodyAP3 antibody
- Assembly Protein 180 kDa antibodyAssembly Protein AP180 antibodyCALM antibodyClathrin coat assembly protein antibodyClathrin coat assembly protein AP180 antibodyClathrin coat associated protein AP180 antibodyDKFZp781O051 antibodyF120 antibodyKIAA0656 antibodyNP185 antibodypp155 antibodySNAP 91 antibodySNAP91 antibodySynaptosomal associated protein 91 kD homolog antibodySynaptosomal associated protein 91 kDa homolog antibody
Anti-AP180 antibody images
All lanes : Anti-AP180 antibody (ab33898) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Brain (Rat) Tissue Lysate
Lane 2 : Liver (Rat) Tissue Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
IRDye 680 Conjugated Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG (H+L) at 1/10000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 93 kDa
Observed band size : 170 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
ICC/IF image of ab33898 stained PC12 cells. The cells were 4% PFA fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab33898, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue).
Immunostaining of Mouse Striatum suing Ab33898. The tissues are from perfused fixed animals perfused with 4% PFA and later postfixed overnight in the same fixative. They were cryoprotected in 30% sucrose and cut using a cryostat and stained by direct fluorescence.
References for Anti-AP180 antibody (ab33898)
ab33898 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.