Anti-APE1 antibody (ab105081)
- Product nameAnti-APE1 antibodySee all APE1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to APE1
- Tested applicationsIHC-P, ICC/IF, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Rabbit, Cow, Chimpanzee, Gorilla, Orangutan
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH derived from within residues 200 - 300 of Human APE1.
- Positive controlThis antibody gave a positive signal in the following whole cell lysates: A431; HepG2; HeLa; Raji; A549; K562.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Note: Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab105081 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 38 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 36 kDa).|
- FunctionMultifunctional protein that plays a central role in the cellular response to oxidative stress. The two major activities of APEX1 in DNA repair and redox regulation of transcriptional factors. Functions as a apurinic/apyrimidinic (AP) endodeoxyribonuclease in the DNA base excision repair (BER) pathway of DNA lesions induced by oxidative and alkylating agents. Initiates repair of AP sites in DNA by catalyzing hydrolytic incision of the phosphodiester backbone immediately adjacent to the damage, generating a single-strand break with 5'-deoxyribose phosphate and 3'-hydroxyl ends. Does also incise at AP sites in the DNA strand of DNA/RNA hybrids, single-stranded DNA regions of R-loop structures, and single-stranded RNA molecules. Has a 3'-5' exoribonuclease activity on mismatched deoxyribonucleotides at the 3' termini of nicked or gapped DNA molecules during short-patch BER. Possesses a DNA 3' phosphodiesterase activity capable of removing lesions (such as phosphoglycolate) blocking the 3' side of DNA strand breaks. Acts as a loading factor for POLB onto non-incised AP sites in DNA and stimulates the 5'-terminal deoxyribose 5'-phosphate (dRp) excision activity of POLB. Plays a role in the protection from granzymes-mediated cellular repair leading to cell death. Also involved in the DNA cleavage step of class switch recombination (CSR). On the other hand, APEX1 also exerts reversible nuclear redox activity to regulate DNA binding affinity and transcriptional activity of transcriptional factors by controlling the redox status of their DNA-binding domain, such as the FOS/JUN AP-1 complex after exposure to IR. Involved in calcium-dependent down-regulation of parathyroid hormone (PTH) expression by binding to negative calcium response elements (nCaREs). Together with HNRNPL or the dimer XRCC5/XRCC6, associates with nCaRE, acting as an activator of transcriptional repression. Stimulates the YBX1-mediated MDR1 promoter activity, when acetylated at Lys-6 and Lys-7, leading to drug resistance. Acts also as an endoribonuclease involved in the control of single-stranded RNA metabolism. Plays a role in regulating MYC mRNA turnover by preferentially cleaving in between UA and CA dinucleotides of the MYC coding region determinant (CRD). In association with NMD1, plays a role in the rRNA quality control process during cell cycle progression. Associates, together with YBX1, on the MDR1 promoter. Together with NPM1, associates with rRNA. Binds DNA and RNA.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the DNA repair enzymes AP/ExoA family.
- DomainThe N-terminus contains the redox activity while the C-terminus exerts the DNA AP-endodeoxyribonuclease activity; both function are independent in their actions. An unconventional mitochondrial targeting sequence (MTS) is harbored within the C-terminus, that appears to be masked by the N-terminal sequence containing the nuclear localization signal (NLS), that probably blocks the interaction between the MTS and Tom proteins.
modificationsPhosphorylated. Phosphorylation by kinase PKC or casein kinase CK2 results in enhanced redox activity that stimulates binding of the FOS/JUN AP-1 complex to its cognate binding site. AP-endodeoxyribonuclease activity is not affected by CK2-mediated phosphorylation.
Acetylated on Lys-6 and Lys-7. Acetylation is increased by the transcriptional coactivator EP300 acetyltransferase, genotoxic agents like H(2)O(2) and methyl methanesulfonate (MMS). Acetylation increases its binding affinity to the negative calcium response element (nCaRE) DNA promoter. The acetylated form induces a stronger binding of YBX1 to the Y-box sequence in the MDR1 promoter than the unacetylated form. Deacetylated on lysines. Lys-6 and Lys-7 are deacetylated by SIRT1.
Cleaved at Lys-31 by granzyme A to create the mitochondrial form; leading in reduction of binding to DNA, AP endodeoxynuclease activity, redox activation of transcription factors and to enhanced cell death. Cleaved by granzyme K; leading to intracellular ROS accumulation and enhanced cell death after oxidative stress.
Cys-65 and Cys-93 are nitrosylated in response to nitric oxide (NO) and lead to the exposure of the nuclear export signal (NES).
Ubiquitinated by MDM2; leading to translocation to the cytoplasm and proteasomal degradation.
- Cellular localizationMitochondrion. The cleaved APEX2 is only detected in mitochondria (By similarity). Translocation from the cytoplasm to the mitochondria is mediated by ROS signaling and cleavage mediated by granzyme A. Tom20-dependent translocated mitochondrial APEX1 level is significantly increased after genotoxic stress and Nucleus. Nucleus > nucleolus. Nucleus speckle. Endoplasmic reticulum. Cytoplasm. Detected in the cytoplasm of B-cells stimulated to switch (By similarity). Colocalized with SIRT1 in the nucleus. Colocalized with YBX1 in nuclear speckles after genotoxic stress. Together with OGG1 is recruited to nuclear speckles in UVA-irradiated cells. Colocalized with nucleolin and NPM1 in the nucleolus. Its nucleolar localization is cell cycle dependent and requires active rRNA transcription. Colocalized with calreticulin in the endoplasmic reticulum. Translocation from the nucleus to the cytoplasm is stimulated in presence of nitric oxide (NO) and function in a CRM1-dependent manner, possibly as a consequence of demasking a nuclear export signal (amino acid position 64-80). S-nitrosylation at Cys-93 and Cys-310 regulates its nuclear-cytosolic shuttling. Ubiquitinated form is localized predominantly in the cytoplasm.
- Entrez Gene: 465200 Chimpanzee
- Entrez Gene: 281630 Cow
- Entrez Gene: 328 Human
- Entrez Gene: 11792 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 79116 Rat
- Omim: 107748 Human
- SwissProt: A2T6Y4 Chimpanzee
- SwissProt: P23196 Cow
- SwissProt: Q0IIJ5 Cow
- SwissProt: A1YES6 Gorilla
- SwissProt: P27695 Human
- SwissProt: P28352 Mouse
- SwissProt: P43138 Rat
- Unigene: 3373 Chimpanzee
- Unigene: 1302 Cow
- Unigene: 73722 Human
- Unigene: 203 Mouse
- Unigene: 5949 Rat
- AP endonuclease 1 antibodyAP endonuclease class I antibodyAP lyase antibody
- APE 1 antibodyAPE antibodyAPE-1 antibodyAPEN antibodyAPEX 1 antibodyAPEX antibodyAPEX nuclease (multifunctional DNA repair enzyme) 1 antibodyApex nuclease 1 antibodyAPEX nuclease antibodyAPEX1 antibodyAPEX1_HUMAN antibodyApurinic endonuclease antibodyApurinic-apyrimidinic endonuclease 1 antibodyApurinic/apyrimidinic (abasic) endonuclease antibodyApurinic/apyrimidinic endonuclease 1 antibodyApurinic/apyrimidinic exonuclease antibodyAPX antibodyBAP1 antibodyDeoxyribonuclease (apurinic or apyrimidinic) antibodyDNA (apurinic or apyrimidinic site) lyase antibodyDNA-(apurinic or apyrimidinic site) lyase antibodyDNA-(apurinic or apyrimidinic site) lyase, mitochondrial antibodyEC 184.108.40.206 antibodyHAP 1 antibodyHAP1 antibodyHuman Apurinic endonuclease 1 antibodyMGC139790 antibodymitochondrial antibodyMultifunctional DNA repair enzyme antibodyRedox factor 1 antibodyRedox factor-1 antibodyREF 1 antibodyREF 1 protein antibodyREF-1 antibodyREF1 antibodyREF1 protein antibody
Anti-APE1 antibody images
All lanes : Anti-APE1 antibody (ab105081) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : A431 (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 : HepG2 (Human hepatocellular liver carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 3 : HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 4 : Raji (Human Burkitt's lymphoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 5 : A549 (Human lung adenocarcinoma epithelial cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 6 : K562 (Human erythromyeloblastoid leukemia cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Goat polyclonal Secondary Antibody to Rabbit IgG - H&L (HRP), pre-adsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 36 kDa
Observed band size : 38 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Additional bands at : 22 kDa,58 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time : 2 minutes
IHC image of APE1 staining in human normal placenta FFPE section, performed on a BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab105081, 1µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX. For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
ICC/IF image of ab105081 stained HepG2 cells. The cells were 10% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab105081, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was ab105081, DyLight® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM. This antibody also gave a positive result in 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) HeLa, Hek293 and MCF7 cells at 1µg/ml, and in 100% methanol fixed (5 min) HeLa, Hek293, HepG2 and MCF7 cells at 1µg/ml.
References for Anti-APE1 antibody (ab105081)
ab105081 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.