Anti-APJ Receptor antibody (ab84296)
- Product nameAnti-APJ Receptor antibodySee all APJ Receptor primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to APJ Receptor
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, WB, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Chicken, Cow
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH derived from within residues 250 - 350 of Human APJ Receptor.
(Peptide available as ab101728.)
- Positive control
- This antibody gave a positive signal in the following lysates: Brain (Human) Tissue Lysate; U-87 MG (Human glioblastoma astrocytoma) Whole Cell Lysate; HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate This antibody gave a positive result in IHC in the following FFPE tissue: Human liver cancer.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab84296 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 58 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 42 kDa).Can be blocked with Human APJ Receptor peptide (ab101728).|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
- FunctionReceptor for apelin coupled to G proteins that inhibit adenylate cyclase activity. Alternative coreceptor with CD4 for HIV-1 infection; may be involved in the development of AIDS dementia.
- Tissue specificityWidely expressed in the brain, in glial cells, astrocytes and neuronal subpopulations, as well as in the spleen, thymus, ovary, small intestine and colon.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the G-protein coupled receptor 1 family.
- Cellular localizationCell membrane.
- AGTR L1 antibody
- AGTRL 1 antibody
- AGTRL1 antibody
- Angiotensin II receptor like 1 antibody
- Angiotensin receptor like 1 antibody
- Angiotensin receptor-like 1 antibody
- Apelin receptor antibody
- APJ antibody
- APJ_HUMAN antibody
- APLNR antibody
- B78 antibody
- FLJ90771 antibody
- G protein coupled receptor APJ antibody
- G-protein coupled receptor APJ antibody
- G-protein coupled receptor HG11 antibody
- GPCR34 antibody
- HG 11 antibody
- HG11 antibody
- MGC45246 antibody
- MSR antibody
- msr/apj antibody
Anti-APJ Receptor antibody images
All lanes : Anti-APJ Receptor antibody (ab84296) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 :
Brain (Human) Tissue Lysate - adult normal tissue (ab29466)
Lane 2 : U-87 MG (Human glioblastoma astrocytoma) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 3 : HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Goat polyclonal Secondary Antibody to Rabbit IgG - H&L (HRP), pre-adsorbed at 1/5000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 42 kDa
Observed band size : 58 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Additional bands at : 110 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time : 3 minutes
ICC/IF image of ab84296 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% PFA fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab84296, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM. This antibody also gave a positive result in 4% PFA fixed (10 min) HepG2 cells at 5µg/ml, and in 100% methanol fixed (5 min) HeLa and HepG2 cells at 5µg/ml.
IHC image of APJ Receptor staining in Human liver cancer formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab84296, 5µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
ab84296 staining APJ Receptor in Human endothelial cells by ICC/IF (Immunocytochemistry/immunofluorescence). Cells were fixed with paraformaldehyde, permeabilized with Triton X-100 0.2% and blocked with 20% serum for 60 minutes at 21°C. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/200) for 16 hours at 4°C. An Alexa Fluor®488-conjugated Goat anti-rabbit polyclonal(1/300) was used as the secondary antibody.
References for Anti-APJ Receptor antibody (ab84296)
ab84296 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.