Anti-AREB6 antibody (ab81972)
- Product nameAnti-AREB6 antibodySee all AREB6 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionGoat polyclonal to AREB6
- Specificityab81972 is expected to recognize both reported isoforms (NP_001121600.1; NP_110378.3).
- Tested applicationsWB, ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Chicken, Hamster, Cow, Xenopus laevis, Cynomolgus Monkey, Orangutan
Synthetic peptide: C-RPQIRQKIENKPLQE, corresponding to internal sequence amino acids 309-323 of human AREB6 according to NP_001121600.1 (or 325-339 of NP_110378.3).
- Positive controlHuman and mouse heart lysates.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.5% BSA, Tris saline, pH 7.3
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesPurified from goat serum by ammonium sulphate precipitation followed by antigen affinity chromatography using the immunizing peptide.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab81972 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
WB: Use at a concentration of 0.05 - 0.2 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 124 kDa.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionInhibits interleukin-2 (IL-2) gene expression. May be responsible for transcriptional repression of the IL-2 gene. Enhances or represses the promoter activity of the ATP1A1 gene depending on the quantity of cDNA and on the cell type. Represses E-cadherin promoter and induces an epithelial-mesenchymal transition (EMT) by recruiting SMARCA4/BRG1. Represses BCL6 transcription in the presence of the corepressor CTBP1. Promotes tumorigenicity by repressing stemness-inhibiting microRNAs.
- Tissue specificityColocalizes with SMARCA4/BRG1 in E-cadherin-negative cells from established lines, and stroma of normal colon as well as in de-differentiated epithelial cells at the invasion front of colorectal carcinomas (at protein level). Expressed in heart and skeletal muscle, but not in liver, spleen, or pancreas.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in ZEB1 are the cause of posterior polymorphous corneal dystrophy type 3 (PPCD3) [MIM:609141]. PPCD is a rare disease involving metaplasia and overgrowth of corneal endothelial cells. In patients with PPCD, these cells manifest in an epithelial morphology and gene expression pattern, produce an aberrant basement membrane, and, sometimes, spread over the iris and nearby structures in a way that increases the risk for glaucoma.
Defects in ZEB1 are the cause of corneal dystrophy Fuchs endothelial type 6 (FECD6) [MIM:613270]. It is an ocular disorder caused by loss of endothelium of the central cornea. It is characterized by focal wart-like guttata that arise from Descemet membrane and develop in the central cornea, epithelial blisters, reduced vision and pain. Descemet membrane is thickened by abnormal collagenous deposition.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the delta-EF1/ZFH-1 C2H2-type zinc-finger family.
Contains 7 C2H2-type zinc fingers.
Contains 1 homeobox DNA-binding domain.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- Entrez Gene: 396029 Chicken
- Entrez Gene: 535183 Cow
- Entrez Gene: 6935 Human
- Entrez Gene: 21417 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 25705 Rat
- Omim: 189909 Human
- SwissProt: P36197 Chicken
- SwissProt: P37275 Human
- SwissProt: Q64318 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q62947 Rat
- Unigene: 3548 Chicken
- Unigene: 124503 Human
- Unigene: 3929 Mouse
- Unigene: 10600 Rat
- AREB 6 antibodyBZP antibodyDelta crystallin enhancer binding factor 1 antibody
- DELTA EF1 antibodyFECD6 antibodyMGC133261 antibodyNegative regulator of IL 2 antibodyNegative regulator of IL2 antibodyNIL 2 A antibodyNIL 2 A zinc finger protein antibodyNIL 2A antibodyNIL-2-A zinc finger protein antibodyNIL2A antibodyPosterior polymorphous corneal dystrophy 3 antibodyPPCD3 antibodyRepresses interleukin 2 expression antibodyTCF 8 antibodyTCF-8 antibodyTCF8 antibodyTranscription factor 8 (represses interleukin 2 expression) antibodyTranscription factor 8 antibodyZEB 1 antibodyZEB antibodyZEB1 antibodyZEB1_HUMAN antibodyZFHEP antibodyZFHX 1A antibodyZFHX1A antibodyZinc finger E box binding homeobox 1 antibodyZinc finger E-box-binding homeobox 1 antibodyZinc finger homeodomain enhancer binding protein antibody
Anti-AREB6 antibody images
Anti-AREB6 antibody (ab81972) at 0.05 µg/ml + mouse heart lysate in ripa buffer at 35 µg
developed using the ECL technique
Predicted band size : 124 kDa
Observed band size : 100 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Exposure time : 1 hour
References for Anti-AREB6 antibody (ab81972)
ab81972 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.