Anti-SEPT4 antibody (ab109584)
- Product nameAnti-SEPT4 antibodySee all SEPT4 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionGoat polyclonal to SEPT4
- Specificityab109584 is expected to recognize isoform 1 (NP_004565.1), 3 (NP_536341.1) and 4 (NP_001185642.1). Amino acid numbering in name refers to NP_004565.1 sequence.
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat, Cow, Dog
Synthetic peptide: C-RNKLTRESGTD, corresponding to internal sequence amino acids 425-435 of Human SEPT4
- Positive controlHeart lysate
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.5% BSA, Tris buffered saline, pH 7.3
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesPurified from goat serum by ammonium sulphate precipitation followed by antigen affinity chromatography using the immunizing peptide.
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab109584 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 - 3 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 50 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 55 kDa).|
- FunctionFilament-forming cytoskeletal GTPase (By similarity). May play a role in cytokinesis (Potential). May play a role in platelet secretion. Isoform ARTS, but not the other isoforms, is required for the induction of cell death mediated by TGF-beta and by other apoptotic stimuli.
- Tissue specificityWidely expressed in adult and fetal tissues with highest expression in adult brain (at protein level), heart, liver and adrenal gland and fetal heart, kidney, liver and lung. Also expressed in colorectal cancers and malignant melanomas. Expressed in platelets.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the septin family.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Cytoplasm > cytoskeleton. In platelets, found in areas surrounding alpha-granules and Mitochondrion. Nucleus. While predominantly localized in the mitochondria under resting conditions, isoform ARTS translocates into the nucleus after TGF-beta treatment and apoptosis induction.
- Apoptosis-related protein in the TGF-beta signaling pathway antibodyARTS antibodyBradeion antibody
- Bradeion beta antibodyBrain protein H5 antibodyCE5B3 antibodyCE5B3 beta antibodyCell division control-related protein 2 antibodyCerebral protein 7 antibodyH5 antibodyhCDCREL-2 antibodyhucep-7 antibodyMART antibodyPeanut-like protein 2 antibodyPNUTL2 antibodySEP 4 antibodySEP4 antibodySept4 antibodySEPT4_HUMAN antibodySeptin M antibodySeptin-4 antibody
Anti-SEPT4 antibody images
Anti-SEPT4 antibody (ab109584) at 1 µg/ml + Human heart lysate in RIPA buffer at 35 µg
Predicted band size : 55 kDa
Observed band size : 50 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
References for Anti-SEPT4 antibody (ab109584)
ab109584 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.