Anti-ATF2 antibody [E243] (ab32160)
- Product nameAnti-ATF2 antibody [E243]See all ATF2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [E243] to ATF2
- SpecificityThis antibody recognises ATF2, but does not cross react with other ATF family members.
- Tested applicationsWB, IHC-P, ICC, IP more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Does not react withMouse, Rat
A synthetic peptide corresponding to residues in C terminus of human ATF2.
- Positive controlWB: HeLa cell lysate. IHC-P: Breast carcinoma
- General notesProduced under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPBS 49%,Sodium azide 0.01%,Glycerol 50%,BSA 0.05%
- Concentration information loading...
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberE243
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab32160 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
IHC-P: 1/250 - 1/500.
WB: 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 70 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 54 kDa).
Is unsuitable for FACS.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionTranscriptional activator, probably constitutive, which binds to the cAMP-responsive element (CRE) (consensus: 5'-GTGACGT[AC][AG]-3'), a sequence present in many viral and cellular promoters. Interaction with JUN redirects JUN to bind to CRES preferentially over the 12-O-tetradecanoylphorbol-13-acetate response elements (TRES) as part of an ATF2/JUN complex.
- Tissue specificityAbundant expression seen in the brain.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the bZIP family. ATF subfamily.
Contains 1 bZIP domain.
Contains 1 C2H2-type zinc finger.
modificationsPhosphorylation of Thr-69 and Thr-71 by MAPK14 causes increased transcriptional activity. Also phosphorylated and activated by JNK.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- Activating Transcription Factor 2 antibodyActivating transcription factor 2 splice variant ATF2 var2 antibodyATF 2 antibody
- Atf-2 antibodyAtf2 antibodyATF2 protein antibodyATF2_HUMAN antibodycAMP Response Element Binding Protein 2 antibodycAMP response element binding protein CRE BP1 antibodycAMP response element-binding protein CRE-BP1 antibodycAMP responsive element binding protein 2, formerly antibodycAMP-dependent transcription factor ATF-2 antibodycAMP-responsive element-binding protein 2 antibodyCRE BP1 antibodyCRE-BP antibodyCREB 2 antibodyCREB 2 antibodyCREB-2 antibodyCREB2 antibodyCREBP1 antibodyCyclic AMP dependent transcription factor ATF 2 antibodyCyclic AMP-dependent transcription factor ATF-2 antibodyCyclic AMP-responsive element-binding protein 2 antibodyD130078H02Rik antibodyD18875 antibodyHB 16 antibodyHB 16 antibodyHB16 antibodyMGC105211 antibodyMGC105222 antibodyMGC111558 antibodyMGC142504 antibodymXBP antibodyMXBP protein antibodyTg(Gzma-Klra1)7Wum antibodyTREB 7 antibodyTREB7 antibody
Anti-ATF2 antibody [E243] images
Anti-ATF2 antibody [E243] (ab32160) at 1/10000 dilution + HeLa cell lysate
Predicted band size : 54 kDa
Observed band size : 70 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Ab32160, at a dilution of 1/250, staining ATF2 in paraffin embedded breast carcinoma tissue by Immunohistochemistry.
References for Anti-ATF2 antibody [E243] (ab32160)
ab32160 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.