Anti-ATF2 antibody (ab47239)
- Product nameAnti-ATF2 antibodySee all ATF2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to ATF2
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Chicken
Synthetic peptide: GCGQRFTN EDHLAVH, corresponding to N terminal amino acids 13-27 of Human ATF2.
- Positive control
- HEK293 cell lysate.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab47239 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 2 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 60 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 52 kDa).|
- FunctionTranscriptional activator, probably constitutive, which binds to the cAMP-responsive element (CRE) (consensus: 5'-GTGACGT[AC][AG]-3'), a sequence present in many viral and cellular promoters. Interaction with JUN redirects JUN to bind to CRES preferentially over the 12-O-tetradecanoylphorbol-13-acetate response elements (TRES) as part of an ATF2/JUN complex.
- Tissue specificityAbundant expression seen in the brain.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the bZIP family. ATF subfamily.
Contains 1 bZIP domain.
Contains 1 C2H2-type zinc finger.
modificationsPhosphorylation of Thr-69 and Thr-71 by MAPK14 causes increased transcriptional activity. Also phosphorylated and activated by JNK.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- Entrez Gene: 395727 Chicken
- Entrez Gene: 1386 Human
- Entrez Gene: 100047997 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 11909 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 81647 Rat
- Omim: 123811 Human
- SwissProt: O93602 Chicken
- SwissProt: P15336 Human
- SwissProt: P16951 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q00969 Rat
- Unigene: 592510 Human
- Unigene: 209903 Mouse
- Unigene: 9825 Rat
- Activating Transcription Factor 2 antibody
- Activating transcription factor 2 splice variant ATF2 var2 antibody
- ATF 2 antibody
- Atf-2 antibody
- Atf2 antibody
- ATF2 protein antibody
- ATF2_HUMAN antibody
- cAMP Response Element Binding Protein 2 antibody
- cAMP response element binding protein CRE BP1 antibody
- cAMP response element-binding protein CRE-BP1 antibody
- cAMP responsive element binding protein 2, formerly antibody
- cAMP-dependent transcription factor ATF-2 antibody
- cAMP-responsive element-binding protein 2 antibody
- CRE BP1 antibody
- CRE-BP antibody
- CREB 2 antibody
- CREB-2 antibody
- CREB2 antibody
- CREBP1 antibody
- Cyclic AMP dependent transcription factor ATF 2 antibody
- Cyclic AMP-dependent transcription factor ATF-2 antibody
- Cyclic AMP-responsive element-binding protein 2 antibody
- D130078H02Rik antibody
- D18875 antibody
- HB 16 antibody
- HB16 antibody
- MGC105211 antibody
- MGC105222 antibody
- MGC111558 antibody
- MGC142504 antibody
- mXBP antibody
- MXBP protein antibody
- Tg(Gzma-Klra1)7Wum antibody
- TREB 7 antibody
- TREB7 antibody
Anti-ATF2 antibody images
Anti-ATF2 antibody (ab47239) at 2 µg/ml + HEK293 cell lysate
Predicted band size : 52 kDa
Observed band size : 60 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
References for Anti-ATF2 antibody (ab47239)
ab47239 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.