Anti-ATF2 antibody (ab60661)
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: PBS, pH 7.2
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab60661 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ELISA||ELISA: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|WB||WB: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Detects a band of approximately 37 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 52 kDa).|
- FunctionTranscriptional activator, probably constitutive, which binds to the cAMP-responsive element (CRE) (consensus: 5'-GTGACGT[AC][AG]-3'), a sequence present in many viral and cellular promoters. Interaction with JUN redirects JUN to bind to CRES preferentially over the 12-O-tetradecanoylphorbol-13-acetate response elements (TRES) as part of an ATF2/JUN complex.
- Tissue specificityAbundant expression seen in the brain.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the bZIP family. ATF subfamily.
Contains 1 bZIP domain.
Contains 1 C2H2-type zinc finger.
modificationsPhosphorylation of Thr-69 and Thr-71 by MAPK14 causes increased transcriptional activity. Also phosphorylated and activated by JNK.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- Activating Transcription Factor 2 antibody
- Activating transcription factor 2 splice variant ATF2 var2 antibody
- ATF 2 antibody
- Atf-2 antibody
- Atf2 antibody
- ATF2 protein antibody
- ATF2_HUMAN antibody
- cAMP Response Element Binding Protein 2 antibody
- cAMP response element binding protein CRE BP1 antibody
- cAMP response element-binding protein CRE-BP1 antibody
- cAMP responsive element binding protein 2, formerly antibody
- cAMP-dependent transcription factor ATF-2 antibody
- cAMP-responsive element-binding protein 2 antibody
- CRE BP1 antibody
- CRE-BP antibody
- CREB 2 antibody
- CREB-2 antibody
- CREB2 antibody
- CREBP1 antibody
- Cyclic AMP dependent transcription factor ATF 2 antibody
- Cyclic AMP-dependent transcription factor ATF-2 antibody
- Cyclic AMP-responsive element-binding protein 2 antibody
- D130078H02Rik antibody
- D18875 antibody
- HB 16 antibody
- HB16 antibody
- MGC105211 antibody
- MGC105222 antibody
- MGC111558 antibody
- MGC142504 antibody
- mXBP antibody
- MXBP protein antibody
- Tg(Gzma-Klra1)7Wum antibody
- TREB 7 antibody
- TREB7 antibody
Anti-ATF2 antibody images
Anti-ATF2 antibody (ab60661) + HeLa nuclear extract at 50 µg
Goat Anti-Mouse IgG HRP at 1/2500 dilution
Predicted band size : 52 kDa
Observed band size : 37 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
References for Anti-ATF2 antibody (ab60661)
ab60661 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.