Anti-ATF2 (phospho T71) antibody [103C411] (ab13921)
- Product nameAnti-ATF2 (phospho T71) antibody [103C411]See all ATF2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [103C411] to ATF2 (phospho T71)
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
This antibody was generated by immunizing mice with a synthetic peptide containing phosphorylated threonine at position 71 of human ATF-2.
- Positive controlTNF alpha treated HeLa cell lysates can be used as positive control.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number103C411
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab13921 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 2 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 62 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 60 kDa).|
- FunctionTranscriptional activator, probably constitutive, which binds to the cAMP-responsive element (CRE) (consensus: 5'-GTGACGT[AC][AG]-3'), a sequence present in many viral and cellular promoters. Interaction with JUN redirects JUN to bind to CRES preferentially over the 12-O-tetradecanoylphorbol-13-acetate response elements (TRES) as part of an ATF2/JUN complex.
- Tissue specificityAbundant expression seen in the brain.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the bZIP family. ATF subfamily.
Contains 1 bZIP domain.
Contains 1 C2H2-type zinc finger.
modificationsPhosphorylation of Thr-69 and Thr-71 by MAPK14 causes increased transcriptional activity. Also phosphorylated and activated by JNK.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- Activating Transcription Factor 2 antibodyActivating transcription factor 2 splice variant ATF2 var2 antibodyATF 2 antibody
- Atf-2 antibodyAtf2 antibodyATF2 protein antibodyATF2_HUMAN antibodycAMP Response Element Binding Protein 2 antibodycAMP response element binding protein CRE BP1 antibodycAMP response element-binding protein CRE-BP1 antibodycAMP responsive element binding protein 2, formerly antibodycAMP-dependent transcription factor ATF-2 antibodycAMP-responsive element-binding protein 2 antibodyCRE BP1 antibodyCRE-BP antibodyCREB 2 antibodyCREB 2 antibodyCREB-2 antibodyCREB2 antibodyCREBP1 antibodyCyclic AMP dependent transcription factor ATF 2 antibodyCyclic AMP-dependent transcription factor ATF-2 antibodyCyclic AMP-responsive element-binding protein 2 antibodyD130078H02Rik antibodyD18875 antibodyHB 16 antibodyHB 16 antibodyHB16 antibodyMGC105211 antibodyMGC105222 antibodyMGC111558 antibodyMGC142504 antibodymXBP antibodyMXBP protein antibodyTg(Gzma-Klra1)7Wum antibodyTREB 7 antibodyTREB7 antibody
Anti-ATF2 (phospho T71) antibody [103C411] images
Predicted band size : 60 kDa
Detection of ATF-2 phosphorylation in HeLa cell lysate with ab13921. Lane A. Untreated cell lysate; Lane B. HeLa cells treated with TNF for 1 hr.
References for Anti-ATF2 (phospho T71) antibody [103C411] (ab13921)
ab13921 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.