Anti-ATF3 antibody (ab87213)
- Product nameAnti-ATF3 antibodySee all ATF3 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to ATF3
- Tested applicationsWB, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Chicken, Cow, Dog
Synthetic peptide corresponding to a region within internal amino acids 72 - 121 (LGVSITKAEVAPEEDERKKRRRERNKIAAAKCRNKKKEK TECLQKESEKL) of Human ATF3 (NP_001665)
- Positive control
- OVCAR-3 cell lysate This antibody gave a positive result when used in the following formaldehyde fixed cell lines: HeLa.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: 2% Sucrose, PBS
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab87213 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 21 kDa. Good results were obtained when blocked with 5% non-fat dry milk in 0.05% PBS-T.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
- FunctionThis protein binds the cAMP response element (CRE) (consensus: 5'-GTGACGT[AC][AG]-3'), a sequence present in many viral and cellular promoters. Represses transcription from promoters with ATF sites. It may repress transcription by stabilizing the binding of inhibitory cofactors at the promoter. Isoform 2 activates transcription presumably by sequestering inhibitory cofactors away from the promoters.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the bZIP family. ATF subfamily.
Contains 1 bZIP domain.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- Activating transcription factor 3 antibody
- ATF3 antibody
- ATF3_HUMAN antibody
- ATF3deltaZip2 antibody
- ATF3deltaZip2c antibody
- ATF3deltaZip3 antibody
- cAMP dependent transcription factor ATF3 antibody
- cAMP-dependent transcription factor ATF-3 antibody
- Cyclic AMP dependent transcription factor ATF3 antibody
- Cyclic AMP-dependent transcription factor ATF-3 antibody
Anti-ATF3 antibody images
Anti-ATF3 antibody (ab87213) at 1 µg/ml (in 5% skim milk / PBS buffer) + OVCAR-3 cell lysate at 10 µg
HRP conjugated anti-Rabbit IgG at 1/50000 dilution
Predicted band size : 21 kDa
ab87213 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody ab87213 at 5µg/ml overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was DyLight® 488 goat anti- rabbit (ab96899) IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
References for Anti-ATF3 antibody (ab87213)
ab87213 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.