Anti-ATF4 antibody (ab23760)
- Product nameAnti-ATF4 antibodySee all ATF4 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to ATF4
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH derived from within residues 300 to the C-terminus of Human ATF4.
(Peptide available as ab24034.)
- Positive controlATF4 tagged recombinant protein This antibody gave a positive signal in the following Methanol fixed cell lines: MCF-7.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab23760 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 38 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 39 kDa).Can be blocked with ATF4 peptide (ab24034).|
- FunctionTranscriptional activator. Binds the cAMP response element (CRE) (consensus: 5'-GTGACGT[AC][AG]-3'), a sequence present in many viral and cellular promoters. It binds to a Tax-responsive enhancer element in the long terminal repeat of HTLV-I.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the bZIP family.
Contains 1 bZIP domain.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Cell membrane. Nucleus. Colocalizes with GABBR1 in hippocampal neuron dendritic membranes.
- Entrez Gene: 468 Human
- Entrez Gene: 11911 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 79255 Rat
- NCBI: 33469976 Human
- Omim: 604064 Human
- SwissProt: Q96AQ3 Human
- SwissProt: P18848 Human
- SwissProt: Q5U4B2 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q8CF69 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q06507 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q9ES19 Rat
- Unigene: 496487 Human
- Unigene: 641 Mouse
- Unigene: 2423 Rat
- Activating Transcription Factor 4 antibodyATF 4 antibodyATF4 antibody
- ATF4 protein antibodyATF4_HUMAN antibodycAMP-dependent transcription factor ATF-4 antibodycAMP-responsive element-binding protein 2 antibodyCREB 2 antibodyCREB-2 antibodyCREB2 antibodyCyclic AMP dependent transcription factor ATF 4 antibodyCyclic AMP response element binding protein 2 antibodyCyclic AMP response element binding protein 2 antibodyCyclic AMP-dependent transcription factor ATF-4 antibodyCyclic AMP-responsive element-binding protein 2 antibodyDNA binding protein TAXREB67 antibodyDNA binding protein TAXREB67 antibodyDNA-binding protein TAXREB67 antibodyTax Responsive Enhancer Element B67 antibodyTax-responsive enhancer element-binding protein 67 antibodyTAXREB67 antibodyTXREB antibody
Anti-ATF4 antibody images
Anti-ATF4 antibody (ab23760) at 1 µg/ml + ATF4 tagged recombinant protein at 0.1 µg
IRDye 680 Conjugated Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG (H+L) at 1/5000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 39 kDa
Observed band size : 76 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
ICC/IF image of ab23760 stained MCF-7 cells. The cells were 100% methanol fixed (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody ab23760 at 5µg/ml overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was DyLight® 488 goat anti- rabbit (ab96899) IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
References for Anti-ATF4 antibody (ab23760)
This product has been referenced in:
- Brennan GP et al. Transgenic overexpression of 14-3-3 zeta protects hippocampus against endoplasmic reticulum stress and status epilepticus in vivo. PLoS One 8:e54491 (2013). WB ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 23359526) »
- Aarti I et al. Phosphorylation of eIF2 alpha in Sf9 cells: a stress, survival and suicidal signal. Apoptosis 15:679-92 (2010). WB . Read more (PubMed: 20162453) »