Anti-ATP5A antibody [15H4C4] (FITC) - Mitochondrial Marker (ab119688)
- Product nameAnti-ATP5A antibody [15H4C4] (FITC) - Mitochondrial MarkerSee all ATP5A primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [15H4C4] to ATP5A - Mitochondrial Marker (FITC)
- Conjugation notesFluorochrome/Protein Ratio: at least 3 moles FITC per mole of IgG
- Tested applicationsWB, Flow Cyt, ICC more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Human, Caenorhabditis elegans, Fruit fly (Drosophila melanogaster), Monkey, Other
Bovine Complex V
- General notesAbsorption Wavelength: 495 nm Emission Wavelength: 528 nm
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 98% PBS, 1% BSA
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityAmmonium Sulphate Precipitation
- Purification notesPurity is near homogeneity as judged by SDS-PAGE. The antibody was produced in vitro using hybridomas grown in serum-free medium, and then concentrated by ammonium sulfate precipitation.
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number15H4C4
- Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab119688 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use at an assay dependent concentration. Predicted molecular weight: 60 kDa.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
|ICC||ICC: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
- FunctionMitochondrial membrane ATP synthase (F(1)F(0) ATP synthase or Complex V) produces ATP from ADP in the presence of a proton gradient across the membrane which is generated by electron transport complexes of the respiratory chain. F-type ATPases consist of two structural domains, F(1) - containing the extramembraneous catalytic core, and F(0) - containing the membrane proton channel, linked together by a central stalk and a peripheral stalk. During catalysis, ATP synthesis in the catalytic domain of F(1) is coupled via a rotary mechanism of the central stalk subunits to proton translocation. Subunits alpha and beta form the catalytic core in F(1). Rotation of the central stalk against the surrounding alpha(3)beta(3) subunits leads to hydrolysis of ATP in three separate catalytic sites on the beta subunits. Subunit alpha does not bear the catalytic high-affinity ATP-binding sites.
- Tissue specificityFetal lung, heart, liver, gut and kidney. Expressed at higher levels in the fetal brain, retina and spinal cord.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the ATPase alpha/beta chains family.
modificationsThe N-terminus is blocked.
- Cellular localizationMitochondrion inner membrane. Peripheral membrane protein.
- Entrez Gene: 282578 Cow
- Entrez Gene: 37617 Fruit fly (Drosophila melanogaster)
- Entrez Gene: 498 Human
- Entrez Gene: 498 Human
- Entrez Gene: 11946 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 65262 Rat
- Omim: 164360 Human
- SwissProt: P19483 Cow
- SwissProt: P35381 Fruit fly (Drosophila melanogaster)
- SwissProt: P25705 Human
- SwissProt: P25705 Human
- SwissProt: Q03265 Mouse
- SwissProt: P15999 Rat
- Unigene: 7300 Fruit fly (Drosophila melanogaster)
- Unigene: 298280 Human
- Unigene: 276137 Mouse
- Unigene: 474505 Mouse
- Unigene: 40255 Rat
- ATP synthase alpha chain, mitochondrial antibodyATP synthase subunit alpha antibodyATP synthase subunit alpha mitochondrial antibody
- ATP synthase, H+ transporting, mitochondrial F1 complex, alpha subunit, isoform 1, cardiac muscle antibodyATP synthase, H+ transporting, mitochondrial F1 complex, alpha subunit, isoform 2, non-cardiac muscle-like 2 antibodyATP sythase (F1 ATPase) alpha subunit antibodyATP5A antibodyAtp5a1 antibodyATP5AL2 antibodyATPA_HUMAN antibodyATPM antibodyhATP1 antibodymitochondrial antibodyMitochondrial ATP synthetase oligomycin resistant antibodyMOM2 antibodyOMR antibodyORM antibodyOTTHUMP00000163475 antibody
Anti-ATP5A antibody [15H4C4] (FITC) - Mitochondrial Marker images
Mitochondrial localization of ATP5A using antibody ab119688. Cultured HeLa cells were fixed, permeabilized and then labeled with 15H4C4-FITC (1 µg/ml). Since the antibody is labeled with FITC no secondary antibody is necessary.
Overlay histogram showing HeLa cells stained with ab119688 (blue line). The cells were fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody ab119688 (15H4C4 FITC) at 1µg/1xE6/mL cells for 30 min at 22ºC. Negative control (red line) is unstained d cells. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed. This antibody gave a positive signal in HeLa cells fixed with 80% methanol (5 min)/permeabilized in 0.1% PBS-Tween used under the same conditions.
References for Anti-ATP5A antibody [15H4C4] (FITC) - Mitochondrial Marker (ab119688)
ab119688 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.