For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
- Storage bufferPBS 49%,Sodium azide 0.01%,Glycerol 50%,BSA 0.05%
- PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Clone numberEPR3143Y
- Research areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Application notesIs unsuitable for Flow Cyt.
||1/1000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 277 kDa.
||1/100 - 1/250. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
- FunctionCatalyzes the rate-limiting reaction in the biogenesis of long-chain fatty acids. Carries out three functions: biotin carboxyl carrier protein, biotin carboxylase and carboxyltransferase.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in brain, placental, skeletal muscle, renal, pancreatic and adipose tissues; expressed at low level in pulmonary tissue; not detected in the liver.
- PathwayLipid metabolism; malonyl-CoA biosynthesis; malonyl-CoA from acetyl-CoA: step 1/1.
- Involvement in diseaseAcetyl-CoA carboxylase 1 deficiency
- Sequence similaritiesContains 1 ATP-grasp domain.
Contains 1 biotin carboxylation domain.
Contains 1 biotinyl-binding domain.
Contains 1 carboxyltransferase domain.
modificationsPhosphorylation on Ser-1263 is required for interaction with BRCA1.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm.
Information by UniProt
- ACAC antibody
- ACACA antibody
- ACACA_HUMAN antibody
Anti-Acetyl Coenzyme A Carboxylase (phospho S221) antibody [EPR3143Y] images
Western blot - Acetyl Coenzyme A Carboxylase (phospho S221) antibody [EPR3143Y] (ab109540)
All lanes : Anti-Acetyl Coenzyme A Carboxylase (phospho S221) antibody [EPR3143Y] (ab109540) at 1/5000 dilution
Lane 1 : HeLa cell lysate, untreated
Lane 2 : HeLa cell lysate treated with calyculin A
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
HRP-labelled goat anti-rabbit at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size : 277 kDa
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) - Acetyl Coenzyme A Carboxylase (phospho S221) antibody [EPR3143Y] (ab109540)
ab109540, at 1/100 dilution, staining paraffin-embedded Human muscles by Immunohistochemistry.
References for Anti-Acetyl Coenzyme A Carboxylase (phospho S221) antibody [EPR3143Y] (ab109540)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"