Aconitase Assay Kit (ab83459)
- Product nameAconitase Assay KitSee all Aconitase kits ...
- Tests100 x 1 assay
- Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Urine, Serum, Plasma, Other biological fluids, Tissue Extracts
- Assay typeEnzyme activity
- Assay time0h 40m
- Product overview
Abcam's Aconitase Assay Kit is a highly sensitive, simple, direct and HTS-ready colorimetric assay for measuring Aconitase activity in biological samples. In the assay, citrate is converted by aconitase into isocitrate, which is further processed resulting in a product that converts a nearly colorless probe into an intensely colored form with a λmax at 450nm.
Visit our FAQs page for tips and troubleshooting.
Aconitase (aconitate hydratase; EC 126.96.36.199) is an iron-sulfur protein containing an [Fe4S4]2+ cluster that catalyzes the stereospecific isomerization of citrate to isocitrate via cis-aconitate in the tricarboxylic acid cycle, a non-redox-active process. Tissue contains two aconitases, a mitochondrial (m-) and a cytosolic (c-) aconitase. They are related, but distinctly different enzymes and are coded for on different chromosomes. Loss of aconitase activity in cells or other biological samples treated with pro-oxidants has been interpreted as a measure of oxidative damage.
- Tested applicationsFunctional Studies more details
Components Identifier 100 tests (NH4)2Fe(SO4)2 (Lyophilised) Brown/NM 1 vial Assay Buffer WM 1 x 30ml Cysteine (Lyophilised) Red 1 vial Developer (Lyophilised) Purple 1 vial Enzyme Mix Green 1 x 200µl Isocitrate Standard (10µmol) (lyophilized) Yellow 1 vial Substrate (Lyophilised) Blue 1 vial
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Energy transfer pathways
- Energy Metabolism
- ACO 1ACO 2ACO1
- ACO2Aconitase 1 solubleAconitase 2 mitochondrialAconitate hydrataseAconitate hydratase mitochondrialACONMACONSCitrate hydro lyaseCytoplasmic aconitate hydrataseEC 188.8.131.52Ferritin repressor proteinIRE BP 1IREB1IREBPIREBP1Iron regulatory protein 1Iron responsive element binding protein 1IRP1MGC20605MGC33908
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab83459 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Aconitase Assay Kit images
Isocitrate standard curve using ab83459.
30 minute Aconitase sample test using ab83459.