Anti-Acrolein (conjugated) antibody (ab37110)
- Product nameAnti-Acrolein (conjugated) antibodySee all Acrolein primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Acrolein (conjugated)
- SpecificityThis antibody targets conjugated acrolein. This antibody does not recognize free acrolein.
COMPOUND : CROSS REACTIVITY
Acrolein-BSA : 1
Malondialdehyde-BSA : 1/55
Glyoxal-BSA : 1/>50,000
Formaldehyde-BSA : 1/>50,000
Glutaraldehyde-BSA : 1/>50,000
BSA = Bovine Serum Albumin
Acrolein-BSA concentration/unconjugated or conjugated analogs concentration at half displacement.
- Tested applicationsELISA, IHC-Fr, IHC-P more details
Chemical / Small Molecule conjugated to BSA
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C long term. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, ddH20
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityPreadsorbed antiserum
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab37110 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ELISA||ELISA: 1/2000 - 1/5000.|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: 1/500 - 1/1000. (cryostat)|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 21953681|
- RelevanceAcrolein, a reactive alpha,beta-unsaturated aldehyde, is a common environmental pollutant, a metabolite of the anticancer drug cyclophosphamide, and a byproduct of lipid peroxidation. An increase in acrolein production has been proposed as a marker for Alzheimer's disease, diabetic glomerular lesions, and atherosclerosis. Acrolein is a potent inhibitor of cell proliferation at nonlethal doses and may act through effects on redox-regulated transcription factors. It has been reported that NF-kappaB activation is inhibited by acrolein.
- 2-Propen-1-one antibody
- 2-propenal antibody
- Acraldehyde antibody
- Acrolein antibody
- Acrylic aldehyde antibody
References for Anti-Acrolein (conjugated) antibody (ab37110)
This product has been referenced in:
- Roger JE et al. Preservation of cone photoreceptors after a rapid yet transient degeneration and remodeling in cone-only Nrl-/- mouse retina. J Neurosci 32:528-41 (2012). IHC-Fr . Read more (PubMed: 22238088) »
- Dasgupta A et al. Protein carbonylation and aggregation precede neuronal apoptosis induced by partial glutathione depletion. ASN Neuro 4: (2012). WB ; Rat . Read more (PubMed: 22376187) »