Anti-Actin antibody [AC-40] (ab11003)
- Product nameAnti-Actin antibody [AC-40]See all Actin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [AC-40] to Actin
- SpecificityThe antibody does not react with the epitope on the N-terminal end of actin.
- Tested applicationsDot Blot, WB, ELISA, IHC-FoFr, IHC-P, IHC-Fr, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Sheep, Rabbit, Goat, Chicken, Guinea pig, Hamster, Cow, Dog, Human, Pig, Carp
Synthetic peptide: SGPSIVHRKCF, corresponding to C terminal amino acids 365-375 of Human Actin, attached to Multiple Antigen Peptide (MAP) backbone.
- EpitopeMonoclonal anti-Actin recognizes an epitope located on the C-terminal end of actin. This epitope is conserved in all actin isoforms.
- General notesStorage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. If slight turbidity occurs upon prolonged storage, clarify the solution by centrifugation before use.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 15mM Sodium Azide
Constituents: Raw Ascites
- Concentration information loading...
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberAC-40
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab11003 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Dot Blot||Dot: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|WB||WB: 1/500. Predicted molecular weight: 42 kDa. 1/500 using cultured human or chicken fibroblast extract. Predicted molecular weight: 42 kDa.|
|ELISA||ELISA: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IHC-FoFr||IHC-FoFr: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent concentration. 1/2000 determined by indirect immunofluorescent staining of cultured human or chicken fibroblasts.|
- FunctionActins are highly conserved proteins that are involved in various types of cell motility and are ubiquitously expressed in all eukaryotic cells.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in ACTA1 are the cause of nemaline myopathy type 3 (NEM3) [MIM:161800]. A form of nemaline myopathy. Nemaline myopathies are muscular disorders characterized by muscle weakness of varying severity and onset, and abnormal thread-or rod-like structures in muscle fibers on histologic examination. The phenotype at histological level is variable. Some patients present areas devoid of oxidative activity containg (cores) within myofibers. Core lesions are unstructured and poorly circumscribed.
Defects in ACTA1 are a cause of myopathy congenital with excess of thin myofilaments (MPCETM) [MIM:161800]. A congenital muscular disorder characterized at histological level by areas of sarcoplasm devoid of normal myofibrils and mitochondria, and replaced with dense masses of thin filaments. Central cores, rods, ragged red fibers, and necrosis are absent.
Defects in ACTA1 are a cause of congenital myopathy with fiber-type disproportion (CFTD) [MIM:255310]; also known as congenital fiber-type disproportion myopathy (CFTDM). CFTD is a genetically heterogeneous disorder in which there is relative hypotrophy of type 1 muscle fibers compared to type 2 fibers on skeletal muscle biopsy. However, these findings are not specific and can be found in many different myopathic and neuropathic conditions.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the actin family.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton.
- ACTA antibodyACTA1 antibodyActin alpha skeletal muscle antibody
- Actin antibodyactin, alpha 1, skeletal muscle 1 antibodyactin, alpha 1, skeletal muscle antibodyActin, alpha skeletal muscle antibodyACTS_HUMAN antibodyalpha Actin 1 antibodyalpha skeletal muscle Actin antibodyalpha skeletal muscle antibodyAlpha-actin-1 antibodyASMA antibodyCFTD antibodyCFTD1 antibodyCFTDM antibodyMPFD antibodyNEM1 antibodyNEM2 antibodyNEM3 antibodynemaline myopathy type 3 antibody
Anti-Actin antibody [AC-40] images
ab11003 staining human fibroblast cells by ELISA (Sandwich-capture). Cells were blocked in 1% BSA for 1 hour at 25°C. The primary antibody ab11003 (Capture antibody) was diluted 1/3000 and incubated with sample for 12 hours at 4°C. ab5694 was used as secondary and a HRP conjugated goat polyclonal to mouse, diluted 1/1000 was used as detection antibody.
ab11003 staining Actin in human SW480 cells by Immunocytochemistry/ Immunofluorescence. The cells were formaldehyde fixed and then blocked using 10% serum for 1 hour at 25°C. Samples were then incubated with primary antibody at 1/50 for 2 hours at 25°C. The secondary antibody used was a goat anti-mouse IgG conjugated to Alexa Fluor® 568 (red) used at a 1/100 dilution.
References for Anti-Actin antibody [AC-40] (ab11003)
This product has been referenced in:
- Valiente M et al. Focal Adhesion Kinase Modulates Radial Glia-Dependent Neuronal Migration through Connexin-26. J Neurosci 31:11678-91 (2011). Read more (PubMed: 21832197) »
- Shepard BD et al. Chronic ethanol consumption induces global hepatic protein hyperacetylation. Alcohol Clin Exp Res 34:280-91 (2010). WB ; Rat . Read more (PubMed: 19951295) »