Anti-Actin antibody [ACTN05] (Biotin) (ab79667)
- Product nameAnti-Actin antibody [ACTN05] (Biotin)See all Actin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [ACTN05] to Actin (Biotin)
- SpecificityReacts with all six known vertebrate isoforms of actin (MW~42kDa). Also reacts with two cytoplasmic actins (beta, gamma) which are highly homologous to one another but differ from the muscle actins at about 25 amino acid residues.
- Tested applicationsWB, IP, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Rabbit, Chicken, Cow, Dog, Human, Pig, Dictyostelium discoideum, Physarum polycephalum
Chicken gizzard Actin
- Positive control
- HeLa cells. Skeletal muscle.
- General notes
Highly recommended for monitoring total protein load on Western blots.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
- Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 0.2% BSA
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Primary antibody notes Highly recommended for monitoring total protein load on Western blots.
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberACTN05
- Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab79667 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
IP: Use at 2µg/mg of lysate. Verified on denatured Actin. Use protein G.
WB: Use at a concentration of 0.5 µg/ml for 2hrs at RT. Detects a band of approximately 42 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 42 kDa).
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionActins are highly conserved proteins that are involved in various types of cell motility and are ubiquitously expressed in all eukaryotic cells.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in ACTA1 are the cause of nemaline myopathy type 3 (NEM3) [MIM:161800]. A form of nemaline myopathy. Nemaline myopathies are muscular disorders characterized by muscle weakness of varying severity and onset, and abnormal thread-or rod-like structures in muscle fibers on histologic examination. The phenotype at histological level is variable. Some patients present areas devoid of oxidative activity containg (cores) within myofibers. Core lesions are unstructured and poorly circumscribed.
Defects in ACTA1 are a cause of myopathy congenital with excess of thin myofilaments (MPCETM) [MIM:161800]. A congenital muscular disorder characterized at histological level by areas of sarcoplasm devoid of normal myofibrils and mitochondria, and replaced with dense masses of thin filaments. Central cores, rods, ragged red fibers, and necrosis are absent.
Defects in ACTA1 are a cause of congenital myopathy with fiber-type disproportion (CFTD) [MIM:255310]; also known as congenital fiber-type disproportion myopathy (CFTDM). CFTD is a genetically heterogeneous disorder in which there is relative hypotrophy of type 1 muscle fibers compared to type 2 fibers on skeletal muscle biopsy. However, these findings are not specific and can be found in many different myopathic and neuropathic conditions.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the actin family.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton.
- Entrez Gene: 421534 Chicken
- Entrez Gene: 281592 Cow
- Entrez Gene: 58 Human
- Entrez Gene: 11459 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 100154254 Pig
- Entrez Gene: 29437 Rat
- Omim: 102610 Human
- SwissProt: P68139 Chicken
- SwissProt: P68138 Cow
- SwissProt: P68133 Human
- SwissProt: P68134 Mouse
- SwissProt: P68137 Pig
- SwissProt: P68135 Rabbit
- SwissProt: P68136 Rat
- Unigene: 1288 Human
- Unigene: 214950 Mouse
- Unigene: 82732 Rat
- ACTA antibody
- ACTA1 antibody
- Actin alpha skeletal muscle antibody
- Actin antibody
- actin, alpha 1, skeletal muscle 1 antibody
- actin, alpha 1, skeletal muscle antibody
- Actin, alpha skeletal muscle antibody
- actina antibody
- actine antibody
- ACTS_HUMAN antibody
- aktin antibody
- Alpha Actin 1 antibody
- Alpha skeletal muscle Actin antibody
- alpha skeletal muscle antibody
- alpha-actin antibody
- Alpha-actin-1 antibody
- ASMA antibody
- CFTD antibody
- CFTD1 antibody
- CFTDM antibody
- MPFD antibody
- NEM1 antibody
- NEM2 antibody
- NEM3 antibody
- nemaline myopathy type 3 antibody
References for Anti-Actin antibody [ACTN05] (Biotin) (ab79667)
ab79667 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.