Anti-Actin antibody [SPM160], prediluted (ab17853)
- Product nameAnti-Actin antibody [SPM160], predilutedSee all Actin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [SPM160] to Actin, prediluted
- SpecificityThis antibody reacts with alpha-smooth muscle as well as alpha-skeletal and alpha-cardiac (sarcomeric) isoform of actin. It is a pan muscle actin and reacts with tumors arising from smooth muscle (leiomyosarcomas) as well as skeletal muscle (rhabdomyosarcomas).
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Horse, Cow, Dog, Pig
- Positive control
- Muscle or sarcoma
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C.
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberSPM160
- Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab17853 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
IHC-P: Ready to use for 30 min at RT. No special pretreatment is required for histochemical staining of formalin/paraffin tissues.
Not tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionActins are highly conserved proteins that are involved in various types of cell motility and are ubiquitously expressed in all eukaryotic cells.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in ACTA1 are the cause of nemaline myopathy type 3 (NEM3) [MIM:161800]. A form of nemaline myopathy. Nemaline myopathies are muscular disorders characterized by muscle weakness of varying severity and onset, and abnormal thread-or rod-like structures in muscle fibers on histologic examination. The phenotype at histological level is variable. Some patients present areas devoid of oxidative activity containg (cores) within myofibers. Core lesions are unstructured and poorly circumscribed.
Defects in ACTA1 are a cause of myopathy congenital with excess of thin myofilaments (MPCETM) [MIM:161800]. A congenital muscular disorder characterized at histological level by areas of sarcoplasm devoid of normal myofibrils and mitochondria, and replaced with dense masses of thin filaments. Central cores, rods, ragged red fibers, and necrosis are absent.
Defects in ACTA1 are a cause of congenital myopathy with fiber-type disproportion (CFTD) [MIM:255310]; also known as congenital fiber-type disproportion myopathy (CFTDM). CFTD is a genetically heterogeneous disorder in which there is relative hypotrophy of type 1 muscle fibers compared to type 2 fibers on skeletal muscle biopsy. However, these findings are not specific and can be found in many different myopathic and neuropathic conditions.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the actin family.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton.
- Entrez Gene: 281592 Cow
- Entrez Gene: 58 Human
- Entrez Gene: 11459 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 100154254 Pig
- Entrez Gene: 29437 Rat
- Omim: 102610 Human
- SwissProt: P68138 Cow
- SwissProt: P68133 Human
- SwissProt: P68134 Mouse
- SwissProt: P68137 Pig
- SwissProt: P68136 Rat
- Unigene: 1288 Human
- Unigene: 214950 Mouse
- Unigene: 82732 Rat
- ACTA antibody
- ACTA1 antibody
- Actin alpha skeletal muscle antibody
- Actin antibody
- actin, alpha 1, skeletal muscle 1 antibody
- actin, alpha 1, skeletal muscle antibody
- Actin, alpha skeletal muscle antibody
- actina antibody
- actine antibody
- ACTS_HUMAN antibody
- aktin antibody
- alpha Actin 1 antibody
- alpha skeletal muscle Actin antibody
- alpha skeletal muscle antibody
- alpha-actin antibody
- Alpha-actin-1 antibody
- ASMA antibody
- CFTD antibody
- CFTD1 antibody
- CFTDM antibody
- MPFD antibody
- NEM1 antibody
- NEM2 antibody
- NEM3 antibody
- nemaline myopathy type 3 antibody
Anti-Actin antibody [SPM160], prediluted images
ab17853 Actin staining in formalin-fixed human rectum tissue (30min incubation at RT).
References for Anti-Actin antibody [SPM160], prediluted (ab17853)
ab17853 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.