Anti-Actin antibody (ab69512)
- Product nameAnti-Actin antibodySee all Actin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Actin
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Sheep, Rabbit, Chicken, Guinea pig, Hamster, Cow, Dog, Human, Pig, Xenopus laevis, Monkey
Full length native protein purified from bovine skeletal muscle
- Positive control
- Mouse Heart Tissue Extract, Chicken Heart Tissue Extract
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
- Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab69512 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 42 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 42 kDa).|
- FunctionActins are highly conserved proteins that are involved in various types of cell motility and are ubiquitously expressed in all eukaryotic cells.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in ACTA1 are the cause of nemaline myopathy type 3 (NEM3) [MIM:161800]. A form of nemaline myopathy. Nemaline myopathies are muscular disorders characterized by muscle weakness of varying severity and onset, and abnormal thread-or rod-like structures in muscle fibers on histologic examination. The phenotype at histological level is variable. Some patients present areas devoid of oxidative activity containg (cores) within myofibers. Core lesions are unstructured and poorly circumscribed.
Defects in ACTA1 are a cause of myopathy congenital with excess of thin myofilaments (MPCETM) [MIM:161800]. A congenital muscular disorder characterized at histological level by areas of sarcoplasm devoid of normal myofibrils and mitochondria, and replaced with dense masses of thin filaments. Central cores, rods, ragged red fibers, and necrosis are absent.
Defects in ACTA1 are a cause of congenital myopathy with fiber-type disproportion (CFTD) [MIM:255310]; also known as congenital fiber-type disproportion myopathy (CFTDM). CFTD is a genetically heterogeneous disorder in which there is relative hypotrophy of type 1 muscle fibers compared to type 2 fibers on skeletal muscle biopsy. However, these findings are not specific and can be found in many different myopathic and neuropathic conditions.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the actin family.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton.
- Entrez Gene: 421534 Chicken
- Entrez Gene: 281592 Cow
- Entrez Gene: 58 Human
- Entrez Gene: 11459 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 100154254 Pig
- Entrez Gene: 29437 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 398426 Xenopus laevis
- Omim: 102610 Human
- SwissProt: P68139 Chicken
- SwissProt: P68138 Cow
- SwissProt: P68133 Human
- SwissProt: P68134 Mouse
- SwissProt: P68137 Pig
- SwissProt: P68135 Rabbit
- SwissProt: P68136 Rat
- SwissProt: P04752 Xenopus laevis
- Unigene: 1288 Human
- Unigene: 214950 Mouse
- Unigene: 82732 Rat
- ACTA antibody
- ACTA1 antibody
- Actin alpha skeletal muscle antibody
- Actin antibody
- actin, alpha 1, skeletal muscle 1 antibody
- actin, alpha 1, skeletal muscle antibody
- Actin, alpha skeletal muscle antibody
- actina antibody
- actine antibody
- ACTS_HUMAN antibody
- aktin antibody
- alpha Actin 1 antibody
- alpha skeletal muscle Actin antibody
- alpha skeletal muscle antibody
- alpha-actin antibody
- Alpha-actin-1 antibody
- ASMA antibody
- CFTD antibody
- CFTD1 antibody
- CFTDM antibody
- MPFD antibody
- NEM1 antibody
- NEM2 antibody
- NEM3 antibody
- nemaline myopathy type 3 antibody
Anti-Actin antibody images
All lanes : Anti-Actin antibody (ab69512) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : MW marker
Lane 2 : Mouse heart tissue extract
Lane 3 : Chicken heart tissue extract
Predicted band size : 42 kDa
Observed band size : 42 kDa
Additional bands at : 35 kDa,55 kDa,70 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
References for Anti-Actin antibody (ab69512)
ab69512 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.