Anti-Actin antibody (ab95437)
- Product nameAnti-Actin antibodySee all Actin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Actin
- Tested applicationsWB, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, a wide range of other species
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human Actin (C terminal).
- Positive control
- Rat cardiac muscle tissue. Lysate from rat cardiac muscle tissue, rat brain tissue, rat testis tissue, rat skeletal muscle tissue. Whole cell lysate prepared from MM231 cells, HeLa cells, SMMC cells, HT1080 cells, SW620 cells.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferConstituents: 2.5% BSA, 0.45% Sodium chloride, 0.1% Dibasic monohydrogen sodium phosphate
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab95437 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 0.1 - 0.5 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 42 kDa.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 0.5 - 1 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
- FunctionActins are highly conserved proteins that are involved in various types of cell motility and are ubiquitously expressed in all eukaryotic cells.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in ACTA1 are the cause of nemaline myopathy type 3 (NEM3) [MIM:161800]. A form of nemaline myopathy. Nemaline myopathies are muscular disorders characterized by muscle weakness of varying severity and onset, and abnormal thread-or rod-like structures in muscle fibers on histologic examination. The phenotype at histological level is variable. Some patients present areas devoid of oxidative activity containg (cores) within myofibers. Core lesions are unstructured and poorly circumscribed.
Defects in ACTA1 are a cause of myopathy congenital with excess of thin myofilaments (MPCETM) [MIM:161800]. A congenital muscular disorder characterized at histological level by areas of sarcoplasm devoid of normal myofibrils and mitochondria, and replaced with dense masses of thin filaments. Central cores, rods, ragged red fibers, and necrosis are absent.
Defects in ACTA1 are a cause of congenital myopathy with fiber-type disproportion (CFTD) [MIM:255310]; also known as congenital fiber-type disproportion myopathy (CFTDM). CFTD is a genetically heterogeneous disorder in which there is relative hypotrophy of type 1 muscle fibers compared to type 2 fibers on skeletal muscle biopsy. However, these findings are not specific and can be found in many different myopathic and neuropathic conditions.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the actin family.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton.
- ACTA antibody
- ACTA1 antibody
- Actin alpha skeletal muscle antibody
- Actin antibody
- actin, alpha 1, skeletal muscle 1 antibody
- actin, alpha 1, skeletal muscle antibody
- Actin, alpha skeletal muscle antibody
- actina antibody
- actine antibody
- ACTS_HUMAN antibody
- aktin antibody
- Alpha Actin 1 antibody
- Alpha skeletal muscle Actin antibody
- alpha skeletal muscle antibody
- alpha-actin antibody
- Alpha-actin-1 antibody
- ASMA antibody
- CFTD antibody
- CFTD1 antibody
- CFTDM antibody
- MPFD antibody
- NEM1 antibody
- NEM2 antibody
- NEM3 antibody
- nemaline myopathy type 3 antibody
Anti-Actin antibody images
All lanes : Anti-Actin antibody (ab95437) at 0.5 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Rat cardiac muscle missue lysate
Lane 2 : Rat brain tissue lysate
Lane 3 : Rat testis tissue lysate
Lane 4 : Rat skeletal muscle tissue lysate
Lane 5 : MM231 cell lysate
Lane 6 : HeLa cell lysate
Lane 7 : SMMC cell lysate
Lane 8 : HT1080 cell lysate
Lane 9 : SW620 cell lysate
developed using the ECL technique
Predicted band size : 42 kDa
ab95437 at 2µg/ml staining Actin in rat cardiac muscle tissue by Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections). A heat mediated antigen retrieval step was performed.
References for Anti-Actin antibody (ab95437)
ab95437 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.