Activin A Mouse ELISA Kit (ab119569)
- Product nameActivin A Mouse ELISA KitSee all Activin A kits ...
- Detection methodColorimetric
- Tests1 x 96 test
- Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Other biological fluids, Tissue Extracts
- Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
- Sensitivity< 10 pg/ml
- Range62.5 pg/ml - 4000 pg/ml
- Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
- Product overview
Abcam’s mouse Activin A in vitro ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is designed for the accurate quantitative measurement of mouse Activin A in cell culture supernatants, serum, plasma (heparin, EDTA) and saliva.
A Activin A specific rat monoclonal antibody has been precoated onto 96-well plates. Standards and test samples are added to the wells and incubated. A biotinylated detection polyclonal antibody from goat, specific for Activin A is then added followed by washing with PBS or TBS buffer. Avidin-Biotin-Peroxidase Complex is added and unbound conjugates are washed away with PBS or TBS buffer. TMB is then used to visualize the HRP enzymatic reaction. TMB is catalyzed by HRP to produce a blue color product that changes into yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration is directly proportional to the mouse Activin A amount of sample captured in plate.
Store at 4°C for frequent use, at -20°C for infrequent use.
- Tested applicationsSandwich ELISA more details
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests ABC Diluent Buffer 1 x 12ml Antibody Diluent Buffer 1 x 12ml Anti-mouse Activin A Microplate (12 x 8 wells) 1 unit Avidin-Biotin-Peroxidase Complex (ABC) 1 x 130µl Biotinylated anti- Mouse Activin A antibody 1 x 130µl Lyophilized recombinant Mouse Activin A standard 2 x 10ng Sample Diluent Buffer 1 x 30ml TMB Color Developing Agent 1 x 10ml TMB Stop Solution 1 x 10ml
- Research Areas
- RelevanceActivin A is a homodimer of 14kDa beta-A. Activin A, a cytokine member of the transforming growth factor-beta superfamily, is expressed locally by the mesenchymal component of the hemopoietic microenvironment. Its expression is regulated on the mRNA level by different cytokines, and the biological activity of the protein is tightly controlled by several inhibitory molecules.1 Inhibins and activins are members of the transforming growth factor beta superfamily and are known to modulate the growth and differentiation of several cell types.2 Inhibins and activins inhibit and activate, respectively, the secretion of follitropin by the pituitary gland. Inhibins/activins are involved in regulating a number of diverse functions such as hypothalamic and pituitary hormone secretion, gonadal hormone secretion, germ cell development and maturation, erythroid differentiation, insulin secretion, nerve cell survival, embryonic axial development or bone growth, depending on their subunit composition. Inhibins appear to oppose the functions of activins. The standard product used in this kit is recombinant Activin A, which is composed of two single chains of 116 amino acids with the molecular mass of 26KDa.
- Cellular localizationSecreted
- Activin beta A chain
- Beta 1
- erythroid differentiation factor
- erythroid differentiation protein
- follicle stimulating hormone releasing protein
- FSH releasing protein
- inhibin beta A chain
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab119569 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Activin A Mouse ELISA Kit images
Representative Standard Curve using ab199569.
References for Activin A Mouse ELISA Kit (ab119569)
ab119569 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.