Anti-Adenine Nucleotide Translocase Immunocapture antibody [5F51BB5AG7] (ab109864)
- Product nameAnti-Adenine Nucleotide Translocase Immunocapture antibody [5F51BB5AG7]
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [5F51BB5AG7] to Adenine Nucleotide Translocase Immunocapture
- Tested applicationsIP more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Cow, Human
Recombinant Human Adenine Nucleotide Translocase
- Positive controlBovine and Human heart mitochondria
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Do not freeze.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
- Concentration information loading...
- Purification notesab109864 was produced in vitro using hybridomas grown in serum-free medium, and then purified by biochemical fractionation.
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number5F51BB5AG7
- Light chain typekappa
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab109864 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IP||IP: Use at 100 µg/mg of lysate.|
- RelevanceANT is a reversible transporter of ATP and ADP. During oxidative phosphorylation (OXPHOS) the protein exchanges ATP out for ADP in, however, in the absence of OXPHOS ANT works in reverse to maintain mitochondrial membrane potential. A subset of patients with heart related diseases have been shown to harbor mutations in the ANT gene or to develop an autoimmune reaction against the protein. There are a number of proteins found in mitochondria that, under circumstances favoring apoptosis, coalesce to form the so-called permeability transition pore. The proteins identified as a part of the PTP include cytosolic hexokinase, outer membrane porin (also called the voltage dependent anion channel or VDAC), adenylate cyclase in the intermembrane space, the adenine nucleotide transporter (ANT) and the peripheral benzodiazepine receptor protein of the inner membrane along with cyclophilin D of the matrix space. Hexokinase, porin and ANT all occur as isoforms and it remains to be determined whether there is specificity of these different forms for the PTP.
- Cellular localizationMitochondrial
Anti-Adenine Nucleotide Translocase Immunocapture antibody [5F51BB5AG7] images
Immunocapture of Adenine Nucleotide Translocase from Bovine heart mitochondria using ab109864 at a concentration of 100 µg/mg lysate.
References for Anti-Adenine Nucleotide Translocase Immunocapture antibody [5F51BB5AG7] (ab109864)
This product has been referenced in:
- Mailloux RJ et al. Hexokinase II acts through UCP3 to suppress mitochondrial reactive oxygen species production and maintain aerobic respiration. Biochem J 437:301-11 (2011). Read more (PubMed: 21554247) »
- Shulga N et al. Sirtuin-3 deacetylation of cyclophilin D induces dissociation of hexokinase II from the mitochondria. J Cell Sci 123:894-902 (2010). Read more (PubMed: 20159966) »