Adiponectin Human ELISA Kit (ab108786)
- Product nameAdiponectin Human ELISA KitSee all Adiponectin kits ...
- Tests1 x 96 well plate
- Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Urine, Serum, Plasma
- Assay typeSandwich
- Sensitivity= 0.7 ng/ml
- Range0.781 ng/ml - 50 ng/ml
- Assay time4h 00m
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
- Product overview
Adiponectin, also known as Adipocyte Complement-Related Protein of 30kDa (ACRP30), is a secreted serum protein expressed exclusively in differentiated adipocytes. Studies indicated that decreased plasma adiponectin concentration is associated with obesity, insulin resistance, essential hypertension, inflammation and atherosclerosis, and acute myocardial infarction. On the other hand, increased adiponectin level leads to nephrotic syndrome.
ab108786 Adiponectin Human ELISA kit is designed for detection of adiponectin in human urine, plasma, serum and cell culture supernatants. This assay employs a quantitative sandwich enzyme immunoassay technique that measures adiponectin in less than 4 hours. A polyclonal antibody specific for adiponectin has been pre-coated onto a microplate. Adiponectin in standards and samples is sandwiched by the immobilized antibody and biotinylated polyclonal antibody specific for adiponectin, which is recognized by a streptavidin-peroxidase conjugate. All unbound material is then washed away and a peroxidase enzyme substrate is added. The color development is stopped and the intensity of the color is measured.
This assay recognizes both natural and recombinant human adiponectin. It can detect both globular domain and full-length adiponectin.
- Tested applicationsELISA more details
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests Adiponectin microplate 1 unit Adiponectin Standard 1 unit Biotinylated Adiponectin Antibody (100x) 1 x 80µl Chromogen Substrate 1 x 8ml Diluent Concentrate (10x) 1 x 30ml Stop Solution 1 x 12ml Streptavidin-Peroxidase Conjugate (SP Conjugate) 1 x 80µl Wash Buffer Concentrate (20x) 3 x 30ml
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Fatty acids
- 30 kDa adipocyte complement related protein ACDCACRP 30
- ACRP30 Adipocyte C1q and collagen domain containing protein Adipocyte complement related 30 kDa protein Adipocyte complement related protein of 30 kDaAdiponectin receptor protein 1AdipoQAdipor1Adipose most abundant gene transcript 1ADR1_HUMANAPM 1ApM1 GBP 28 GBP28 Gelatin binding protein 28OTTHUMP00000210047Progestin and adipoQ receptor family member I
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab108786 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for Adiponectin Human ELISA Kit (ab108786)
ab108786 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.