Anti-Adiponectin antibody (ab134692)
- Product nameAnti-Adiponectin antibodySee all Adiponectin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Adiponectin
- Specificityab134692 detects endogenous levels of Adiponectin.
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat
A synthesized peptide derived from internal region of Human Adiponectin.
- Positive controlHeLa cell extract
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 49% PBS, 50% Glycerol, 0.88% Sodium chloride
Note: without Mg2+ and Ca2+
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab134692 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 26 kDa.|
- FunctionImportant adipokine involved in the control of fat metabolism and insulin sensitivity, with direct anti-diabetic, anti-atherogenic and anti-inflammatory activities. Stimulates AMPK phosphorylation and activation in the liver and the skeletal muscle, enhancing glucose utilization and fatty-acid combustion. Antagonizes TNF-alpha by negatively regulating its expression in various tissues such as liver and macrophages, and also by counteracting its effects. Inhibits endothelial NF-kappa-B signaling through a cAMP-dependent pathway. May play a role in cell growth, angiogenesis and tissue remodeling by binding and sequestering various growth factors with distinct binding affinities, depending on the type of complex, LMW, MMW or HMW.
- Tissue specificitySynthesized exclusively by adipocytes and secreted into plasma.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in ADIPOQ are the cause of adiponectin deficiency (ADPND) [MIM:612556]. ADPND results in very low concentrations of plasma adiponectin.
Genetic variations in ADIPOQ are associated with non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus (NIDDM) [MIM:125853]; also known as diabetes mellitus type 2. NIDDM is characterized by an autosomal dominant mode of inheritance, onset during adulthood and insulin resistance.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 1 C1q domain.
Contains 1 collagen-like domain.
- DomainThe C1q domain is commonly called the globular domain.
modificationsHydroxylated Lys-33 was not identified in PubMed:16497731, probably due to poor representation of the N-terminal peptide in mass fingerprinting.
HMW complexes are more extensively glycosylated than smaller oligomers. Hydroxylation and glycosylation of the lysine residues within the collagene-like domain of adiponectin seem to be critically involved in regulating the formation and/or secretion of HMW complexes and consequently contribute to the insulin-sensitizing activity of adiponectin in hepatocytes.
O-glycosylated. Not N-glycosylated. O-linked glycans on hydroxylysines consist of Glc-Gal disaccharides bound to the oxygen atom of post-translationally added hydroxyl groups. Sialylated to varying degrees depending on tissue. Thr-22 appears to be the major site of sialylation. Higher sialylation found in SGBS adipocytes than in HEK fibroblasts. Sialylation is not required neither for heterodimerization nor for secretion. Not sialylated on the glycosylated hydroxylysines. Desialylated forms are rapidly cleared from the circulation.
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
- 30 kDa adipocyte complement related protein antibody30 kDa adipocyte complement-related protein antibodyACDC antibody
- ACRP30 antibodyADIPO_HUMAN antibodyAdipocyte antibodyAdipocyte C1q and collagen domain containing protein antibodyAdipocyte complement related 30 kDa protein antibodyAdipocyte complement related protein of 30 kDa antibodyAdipocyte complement-related 30 kDa protein antibodyAdiponectin antibodyAdipoq antibodyAdipose most abundant gene transcript 1 antibodyAdipose most abundant gene transcript 1 protein antibodyAdipose specific collagen like factor antibodyADIPQTL1 antibodyADPN antibodyapM-1 antibodyAPM1 antibodyC1q and collagen domain-containing protein antibodyGBP28 antibodyGelatin binding protein antibodyGelatin binding protein 28 antibodyGelatin-binding protein antibody
Anti-Adiponectin antibody images
Anti-Adiponectin antibody (ab134692) at 1/500 dilution + HeLa cell extract at 30 µg
Predicted band size : 26 kDa
References for Anti-Adiponectin antibody (ab134692)
ab134692 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.