Anti-Adiponectin antibody (ab59687)
- Product nameAnti-Adiponectin antibodySee all Adiponectin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionChicken polyclonal to Adiponectin
- Tested applicationsWB, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Rabbit, Cow, Cat, Dog, Rhesus monkey
Synthetic peptide: NDSTFTGFLLYHDTN, corresponding to amino acids 230 - 244 of Human Adiponectin
- Positive control
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C long term. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab59687 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/2000 - 1/5000. Detects a band of approximately 30 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 26 kDa).|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- FunctionImportant adipokine involved in the control of fat metabolism and insulin sensitivity, with direct anti-diabetic, anti-atherogenic and anti-inflammatory activities. Stimulates AMPK phosphorylation and activation in the liver and the skeletal muscle, enhancing glucose utilization and fatty-acid combustion. Antagonizes TNF-alpha by negatively regulating its expression in various tissues such as liver and macrophages, and also by counteracting its effects. Inhibits endothelial NF-kappa-B signaling through a cAMP-dependent pathway. May play a role in cell growth, angiogenesis and tissue remodeling by binding and sequestering various growth factors with distinct binding affinities, depending on the type of complex, LMW, MMW or HMW.
- Tissue specificitySynthesized exclusively by adipocytes and secreted into plasma.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in ADIPOQ are the cause of adiponectin deficiency (ADPND) [MIM:612556]. ADPND results in very low concentrations of plasma adiponectin.
Genetic variations in ADIPOQ are associated with non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus (NIDDM) [MIM:125853]; also known as diabetes mellitus type 2. NIDDM is characterized by an autosomal dominant mode of inheritance, onset during adulthood and insulin resistance.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 1 C1q domain.
Contains 1 collagen-like domain.
- DomainThe C1q domain is commonly called the globular domain.
modificationsHydroxylated Lys-33 was not identified in PubMed:16497731, probably due to poor representation of the N-terminal peptide in mass fingerprinting.
HMW complexes are more extensively glycosylated than smaller oligomers. Hydroxylation and glycosylation of the lysine residues within the collagene-like domain of adiponectin seem to be critically involved in regulating the formation and/or secretion of HMW complexes and consequently contribute to the insulin-sensitizing activity of adiponectin in hepatocytes.
O-glycosylated. Not N-glycosylated. O-linked glycans on hydroxylysines consist of Glc-Gal disaccharides bound to the oxygen atom of post-translationally added hydroxyl groups. Sialylated to varying degrees depending on tissue. Thr-22 appears to be the major site of sialylation. Higher sialylation found in SGBS adipocytes than in HEK fibroblasts. Sialylation is not required neither for heterodimerization nor for secretion. Not sialylated on the glycosylated hydroxylysines. Desialylated forms are rapidly cleared from the circulation.
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
- 30 kDa adipocyte complement related protein antibody
- 30 kDa adipocyte complement-related protein antibody
- ACDC antibody
- ACRP 30 antibody
- ACRP30 antibody
- ADIPO_HUMAN antibody
- Adipocyte antibody
- Adipocyte C1q and collagen domain containing protein antibody
- Adipocyte complement related 30 kDa protein antibody
- Adipocyte complement related protein of 30 kDa antibody
- Adipocyte complement-related 30 kDa protein antibody
- adipocyte-specific secretory protein antibody
- Adiponectin antibody
- Adiponectin precursor antibody
- adiponectin, C1Q and collagen domain containing antibody
- AdipoQ antibody
- Adipose most abundant gene transcript 1 antibody
- Adipose most abundant gene transcript 1 protein antibody
- Adipose specific collagen like factor antibody
- ADIPQTL1 antibody
- ADPN antibody
- APM 1 antibody
- apM-1 antibody
- ApM1 antibody
- C1q and collagen domain-containing protein antibody
- GBP 28 antibody
- GBP28 antibody
- Gelatin binding protein antibody
- Gelatin binding protein 28 antibody
- Gelatin-binding protein antibody
Anti-Adiponectin antibody images
Anti-Adiponectin antibody (ab59687) at 1/2000 dilution + Mouse plasma at 1 µl
Rabbit anti-IgY AP conjugate at 1/5000 dilution
Predicted band size : 26 kDa
Observed band size : 30 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
References for Anti-Adiponectin antibody (ab59687)
ab59687 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.