Anti-Aldolase C antibody - Astrocyte Marker (ab87122)
- Product nameAnti-Aldolase C antibody - Astrocyte MarkerSee all Aldolase C primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Aldolase C - Astrocyte Marker
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, IHC-Fr, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Cow, Chimpanzee, Monkey
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH derived from within residues 50 - 150 of Mouse Aldolase C.
- Positive controlThis antibody gave a positive signal in Jurkat whole cell lysate as well as the following tissue lysates: Mouse brain; Mouse skeletal muscle; Rat cerebellum.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Energy transfer pathways
- Energy Metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab87122 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml.|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 44 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 39 kDa).|
- PathwayCarbohydrate degradation; glycolysis; D-glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate and glycerone phosphate from D-glucose: step 4/4.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the class I fructose-bisphosphate aldolase family.
- ALDC antibodyALDO C antibodyALDOC antibody
- ALDOC_HUMAN antibodyAldolase 3 antibodyAldolase C Fructose bisphosphate antibodyBrain type aldolase antibodyBrain-type aldolase antibodyFructoaldolase C antibodyFructose 1 6 biphosphate triosephosphate lyase antibodyFructose bisphosphate aldolase C antibodyFructose-bisphosphate aldolase C antibody
Anti-Aldolase C antibody - Astrocyte Marker images
All lanes : Anti-Aldolase C antibody - Astrocyte Marker (ab87122) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Brain (Mouse) Tissue Lysate
Lane 2 : Skeletal Muscle (Mouse) Tissue Lysate
Lane 3 : Jurkat (Human T cell lymphoblast-like cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 4 : Cerebellum Rat Tissue Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 39 kDa
Observed band size : 44 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Additional bands at : 55 kDa,71 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time : 5 minutes
ICC/IF image of ab87122 stained PC12 cells. The cells were 4% PFA fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab87122, 10µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM. This antibody also gave a positive result in 100% methanol fixed (5 min) PC12 cells at 10µg/ml.
IHC-Fr image of Aldolase C staining on Mouse cortex sections using ab87122 (1:1000). The sections were fixed in paraformaldehyde and permeabilized using 0.4% triton x. The sections were blcoked using 50% serum for 30 mins at 24°C.
References for Anti-Aldolase C antibody - Astrocyte Marker (ab87122)
ab87122 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.