Alkaline Phosphatase Assay Kit (Colorimetric) (ab83369)
- Product nameAlkaline Phosphatase Assay Kit (Colorimetric)See all Alkaline phosphatase kits ...
- Tests500 x 1 assay
- Sample typeUrine, Serum, Plasma, Other biological fluids, Tissue Extracts, Cell Lysate, Cell culture media
- Assay typeQuantitative
- Sensitivity> 10 µU
- Range10 µU - 250 µU
- Product overview
Abcam's Alkaline Phosphatase Assay Kit (Colorimetric) is a highly sensitive, simple, direct and HTS-ready colorimetric assay designed to measure ALP activity in serum and biological samples. The kit uses p-nitrophenyl phosphate (pNPP) as a phosphatase substrate which turns yellow (λmax= 405 nm) when dephosphorylated by ALP.
Visit our FAQs page for tips and troubleshooting.
This kit contains 10 substrate tablets providing convenience for multiple usages.
- Tested applicationsFunctional Studies more details
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components Identifier 500 tests ALP Assay buffer NM 1 x 100ml ALP Enzyme (Lyophylised) Green 1 vial pNPP Substrate (10 tablets) Red 1 vial Stop Solution WM 1 x 10ml
- Research Areas
- RelevanceAlkaline phosphatase (ALP) catalyzes the hydrolysis of phosphate esters in alkaline buffer and produces an organic radical and inorganic phosphate. Changes in alkaline phosphatase level and activity are associated with various disease states in the liver and bone.
- Cellular localizationCell membrane; Lipid-anchor, GPI-anchor.
- Alkaline phosphatase intestinal
- Alkaline phosphatase liver/bone/kidney
- Alkaline phosphatase liver/bone/kidney isozyme
- Alkaline phosphatase tissue nonspecific isozyme
- Alkaline phosphomonoesterase
- AP TNAP
- Intestinal alkaline phosphatase
- Kasahara isozyme
- Liver/bone/kidney type alkaline phosphatase
- Tissue nonspecific ALP
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab83369 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for Alkaline Phosphatase Assay Kit (Colorimetric) (ab83369)
This product has been referenced in:
- Brunetti G et al. High dickkopf-1 levels in sera and leukocytes from children with 21-hydroxylase deficiency on chronic glucocorticoid treatment. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 304:E546-54 (2013). Read more (PubMed: 23299503) »
- Baylan N et al. Polycaprolactone nanofiber interspersed collagen type-I scaffold for bone regeneration: a unique injectable osteogenic scaffold. Biomed Mater 8:045011 (2013). Read more (PubMed: 23804651) »