Alkaline Phosphatase Assay Kit (Fluorometric) (ab83371)
- Product nameAlkaline Phosphatase Assay Kit (Fluorometric)See all Alkaline phosphatase kits ...
- Tests500 x 1 test
- Sample typeUrine, Serum, Plasma, Other biological fluids, Tissue Extracts, Cell Lysate, Cell culture media
- Assay typeQuantitative
- Assay time1h 00m
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
- Product overview
In Abcam's Alkaline Phosphatase Fluorometric Assay Kit, ALP cleaves the phosphate group of the non-fluorescent 4-Methylumbelliferyl phosphate disodium salt (MUP) substrate resulting in an intense fluorescent signal (Ex/Em = 360nm/440nm). The kit is an ultra sensitive, simple, direct and HTS-ready assay designed to measure ALP activity in serum and bio-samples with detection sensitivity ~1 µU, more sensitive than colorimetric assays.
Visit our FAQs page for tips and troubleshooting.
Alkaline phosphatase (ALP) catalyzes the hydrolysis of phosphate esters in alkaline buffer and produces an organic radical and inorganic phosphate. The change in alkaline phosphatase level and activity is associated with a lot of diseases in the liver and bones. Alkaline phosphatase is also a popular enzyme conjugated to secondary antibody in ELISA.
- Tested applicationsFunctional Studies more details
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components Identifier 500 tests ALP Assay Buffer NM 1 x 100ml ALP Enzyme (Lyophilised) Green 1 vial MUP Substrate Red 1 vial Stop Solution WM 1 x 25ml
- Research Areas
- RelevanceAlkaline phosphatase (ALP) catalyzes the hydrolysis of phosphate esters in alkaline buffer and produces an organic radical and inorganic phosphate. Changes in alkaline phosphatase level and activity are associated with various disease states in the liver and bone.
- Cellular localizationCell membrane; Lipid-anchor, GPI-anchor.
- Alkaline phosphatase intestinal
- Alkaline phosphatase liver/bone/kidney
- Alkaline phosphatase liver/bone/kidney isozyme
- Alkaline phosphatase tissue nonspecific isozyme
- Alkaline phosphomonoesterase
- AP TNAP
- Intestinal alkaline phosphatase
- Kasahara isozyme
- Liver/bone/kidney type alkaline phosphatase
- Tissue nonspecific ALP
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab83371 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for Alkaline Phosphatase Assay Kit (Fluorometric) (ab83371)
This product has been referenced in:
- Yoo BK et al. Human intestinal epithelial cell line SK-CO15 is a new model system to study Na(+)/H(+) exchanger 3. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 303:G180-8 (2012). Human . Read more (PubMed: 22556145) »