Alpha 1 acid Glycoprotein (AGP) Human ELISA Kit (ab108854)
- Product nameAlpha 1 acid Glycoprotein (AGP) Human ELISA KitSee all Alpha 1 acid Glycoprotein kits ...
- Detection methodColorimetric
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall 4.7%
- Tests1 x 96 well plate
- Sample typeSerum, Plasma
- Assay typeCompetitive
- Sensitivity= 0.06 µg/ml
- Range0.063 µg/ml - 4 µg/ml
= 98.5 %
- Assay time3h 00m
- Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
- Product overview
Abcam’s Alpha 1 acid Glycoprotein (AGP) Human in vitro competitive ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is designed for the quantitive measurement of Alpha 1 acid Glycoprotein in plasma and serum.
An Alpha 1 acid Glycoprotein specific antibody has been precoated onto 96-well plates and blocked. Standards or test samples are added to the wells and subsequently biotinylated Alpha 1 acid Glycoprotein is added and then followed by washing with wash buffer. Streptavidin-Peroxidase Conjugate is added and unbound conjugates are washed away with wash buffer. TMB is then used to visualize Streptavidin-Peroxidase enzymatic reaction. TMB is catalyzed by Streptavidin-Peroxidase to produce a blue color product that changes into yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration is inversely proportional to the amount of Alpha 1 acid Glycoprotein captured in plate.
- Tested applicationsCompetitive ELISA more details
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 100X Streptavidin-Peroxidase Conjugate (SP Conjugate) 1 x 80µl 10X Diluent N Concentrate 1 x 30ml 1X Biotinylated Human Alpha 1 acid Glycoprotein (Lyophilized) 1 vial 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate 1 x 30ml Alpha 1 acid Glycoprotein Microplate (12 x 8 well strips) 1 unit Alpha 1 acid Glycoprotein Standard 1 vial Chromogen Substrate 1 x 8ml Sealing Tapes 3 units Stop Solution 1 x 12ml
- Research Areas
- FunctionFunctions as transport protein in the blood stream. Binds various ligands in the interior of its beta-barrel domain. Also binds synthetic drugs and influences their distribution and availability in the body. Appears to function in modulating the activity of the immune system during the acute-phase reaction.
- Tissue specificityExpressed by the liver and secreted in plasma.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the calycin superfamily. Lipocalin family.
- DomainContains a beta-barrel that binds various ligands in its interior.
modificationsN-glycosylated. N-glycan heterogeneity at Asn-33: Hex5HexNAc4 (minor), Hex6HexNAc5 (major) and dHex1Hex6HexNAc5 (minor).
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
- AGP 1
- Alpha-1-acid glycoprotein 1
- OMD 1
- orosomucoid 1
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab108854 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Alpha 1 acid Glycoprotein (AGP) Human ELISA Kit images
Representative Standard Curve using ab108854.
References for Alpha 1 acid Glycoprotein (AGP) Human ELISA Kit (ab108854)
ab108854 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.