Anti-Alpha Fodrin antibody (ab74311)
- Product nameAnti-Alpha Fodrin antibodySee all Alpha Fodrin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Alpha Fodrin
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Synthetic peptide from a region between residues 1000 and 1050 of human Alpha Fodrin (NP_003118.1)
- Positive controlWhole cell lysate from HeLa, 293T or NIH3T3 cells
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 8mM PBS, 60mM Citrate, 150mM Tris, pH 7 to 8
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab74311 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/2000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 285 kDa.|
- FunctionFodrin, which seems to be involved in secretion, interacts with calmodulin in a calcium-dependent manner and is thus candidate for the calcium-dependent movement of the cytoskeleton at the membrane.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in SPTAN1 are the cause of epileptic encephalopathy early infantile type 5 (EIEE5) [MIM:613477]. EIEE5 is a disorder characterized by seizures associated with hypsarrhythmia profound mental retardation with lack of visual attention and speech development, as well as spastic quadriplegia.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the spectrin family.
Contains 3 EF-hand domains.
Contains 1 SH3 domain.
Contains 23 spectrin repeats.
modificationsPhosphorylation of Tyr-1176 decreases sensitivity to cleavage by calpain in vitro.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton. Cytoplasm > cell cortex. Expressed along the cell membrane in podocytes and presumptive tubule cells during glomerulogenesis and is expressed along lateral cell margins in tubule cells.
- (ALPHA)II-SPECTRIN antibodyAlpha II Spectrin antibodyAlpha-II spectrin antibody
- brain antibodyEIEE5 antibodyFLJ17738 antibodyFLJ44613 antibodyFodrin alpha chain antibodyFodrin, alpha antibodyNEAS antibodyNon erythrocytic spectrin alpha antibodynon-erythroid alpha chain antibodySPECA antibodySpectrin alpha chain antibodySpectrin alpha chain brain antibodySpectrin alpha non erythrocytic 1 antibodySpectrin antibodySpectrin non erythroid alpha chain antibodySpectrin, alpha, non-erythrocytic 1 (alpha-fodrin) antibodySpectrin, nonerythroid, alpha subunit antibodySpna2 antibodySPTA 2 antibodySPTA2 antibodySPTA2_HUMAN antibodySPTAN 1 antibodySPTAN1 antibody
Anti-Alpha Fodrin antibody images
All lanes : Anti-Alpha Fodrin antibody (ab74311) at 0.1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Whole cell lysate from HeLa cells at 50 µg
Lane 2 : Whole cell lysate from HeLa cells at 15 µg
Lane 3 : Whole cell lysate from HeLa cells at 5 µg
Lane 4 : Whole cell lysate from 293T cells at 50 µg
Lane 5 : Whole cell lysate from NIH3T3 cells at 50 µg
developed using the ECL technique
Predicted band size : 285 kDa
Observed band size : 285 kDa
Exposure time : 30 seconds
References for Anti-Alpha Fodrin antibody (ab74311)
ab74311 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.