Alpha Ketoglutarate (alpha KG) Assay Kit (ab83431)
- Product nameAlpha Ketoglutarate (alpha KG) Assay Kit
- Tests100 x 1 assay
- Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Urine, Serum, Plasma, Other biological fluids
- Assay typeQuantitative
- Sensitivity= 0.01 nM
- Range0.01 nM - 10 nM
- Assay time0h 30m
- Product overview
Abcam's Alpha Ketoglutarate (alpha KG) Assay Kit provides a simple, sensitive and rapid means for quantifying alpha KG in a variety of samples. In the assay, alpha-ketoglutarate is transaminated with the generation of pyruvate which is utilized to convert a nearly colorless probe to both color (λmax = 570 nm) and fluorescence (Ex/Em = 535/587 nm). The alpha-Ketoglutarate Assay Kit is useful for detecting alpha-ketoglutarate in the range of 0.01 to 10 nmoles.
Visit our FAQs page for tips and troubleshooting.
Alpha Ketoglutarate (alpha KG) is a key intermediate in the Krebs cycle, coming after isocitrate and before succinyl CoA. Anaplerotic reactions replenish the cycle by synthesizing alpha KG from transamination of glutamate, or through the action of glutamate dehydrogenase. Alpha KG is an important nitrogen transporter. Being a key intermediate, it is one of the organic acids measured in newborns as an indicator of inborn errors of metabolism.
- Tested applicationsFunctional Studies more details
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components Identifier 100 tests a-KG Assay Buffer WM 1 x 25ml a-KG Converting Enzyme (lyophilized) Purple 1 vial a-KG Development Enzyme Mix (lyophilized) Green 1 vial a-KG OxiRed Probe (in DMSO) Red 1 x 200µl a-KG Standard (10 µmol, lyophilized) Yellow 1 vial
- Research Areas
- Alpha KG
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab83431 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Alpha Ketoglutarate (alpha KG) Assay Kit images
Alpha Ketoglutarate standard curve generated using the ab83431 kit protocol.
References for Alpha Ketoglutarate (alpha KG) Assay Kit (ab83431)
This product has been referenced in:
- Long LH & Halliwell B Artefacts in cell culture: a-Ketoglutarate can scavenge hydrogen peroxide generated by ascorbate and epigallocatechin gallate in cell culture media. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 406:20-4 (2011). Functional Studies . Read more (PubMed: 21281600) »