Alprenolol Fluorescent ligand (Red) (ab118167)
- Product nameAlprenolol Fluorescent ligand (Red)
Fluorescent β2 adrenoceptor antagonist
- Biological descriptionFluorescent ß2 antagonist (pKD values are 7.50, 8.91 and 7.09 at ß1, ß2 and ß3 respectively). Wide range of applications which include localizing receptor distribution in tissues and cells, and live-cell imaging of receptor kinetics. Antagonises the activity of ß1, ß2 and ß3 agonists in vitro. Excitation wavelength: 633 nm Emission wavelength: 650 nm
- Purity> 97%
- Selectivityβ1: 7.50 | β2: 8.91 | β3: 7.09
- Molecular Weight884.00
- Molecular formulaC47H56BF2N5O7S
- Validation notesThe affinity of the ab118167 at β1, β2 and β3 adrenoceptors was determined in a whole cell radioligand binding assay using [3H]-CGP12177 as the radioligand.
ab118167 was shown to antagonize the activity of the non-selective β agonist, isoprenaline, in three separate recombinant CHO cell lines expressing either the Human β1, β2 or β3 receptor and a cyclic AMP-responsive secreted placental alkaline phosphatase (SPAP) reporter gene. The cyclic AMP-induced expression of SPAP was measured under basal and forskolin-stimulated conditions.
To determine the KD for ab118167 at β1, β2 and β3 receptors, cells were treated with isoprenaline alone, or in the presence of ab118167 and the cyclic AMP-induced expression of SPAP measured. The KD was calculated from the rightward shift in the curve.
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Avoid exposure to light.
- HandlingFor imaging at β1 / β2 / β3 adrenoceptors use solutions up to 100 nM in DMSO.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab118167 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Small Molecule Fluorescent Optical Detection||Small Molecule Fluorescent Optical Detection: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|Receptor Localization||Receptor Localization: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|Fluorescent Cell Imaging||Fluorescent Cell Imaging: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
Alprenolol Fluorescent ligand (Red) images
ab118167 ligand binding and displacement.
Top (A,C): ab118167 ligand (100 nm) binding to two different live cell lines expressing β1 (A) or β2 (C) adrenoceptors.
Bottom (B, D): Binding blocked in the same cell lines β1 (B) or β2 (D) by the unlabelled competitor ICI118551 (1 µM).
Nuclei have been counter-stained with Hoechst.
References for Alprenolol Fluorescent ligand (Red) (ab118167)
ab118167 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.