Ammonia Assay Kit - Modified Berthelot - (Colorimetric) (ab102509)
- Product nameAmmonia Assay Kit - Modified Berthelot - (Colorimetric)See all Ammonia kits ...
- Tests100 x 1 assay
- Sample typeUrine, Serum, Plasma, Other biological fluids, Cell culture media
- Assay typeQuantitative
- Sensitivity< 10 µM
- Assay time0h 30m
- Product overview
Abcam provides a rapid, simple, sensitive, and reliable assay suitable for research and high throughput assay of Ammonia. In this non-enzymatic assay, ammonia is used to form indophenol, a highly colored product easily quantifiable by colorimetry (λ=670nm) using a plate reader.
Visit our FAQs page for tips and troubleshooting.
The kit can detect less than 1 nmol(~10 µM) ammonia or ammonium using either a 96 well or 384 well microwell plate.
- Tested applicationsFunctional Studies more details
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components Identifier 100 tests Ammonia Reagent 1 Amber 1 x 8ml Ammonia Reagent 2 Clear 1 x 4ml Ammonium Chloride Standard Yellow 1 x 0.1ml
- Research Areas
- RelevanceAmmonia is an important source of nitrogen for living systems. Nitrogen is required for the synthesis of amino acids, which are the building blocks of protein. Ammonia is a metabolic product which is created through amino acid deamination. It plays an important role in both normal and abnormal animal physiology like normal animal acid/base balance.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab102509 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Ammonia Assay Kit - Modified Berthelot - (Colorimetric) images
Standard curve generated in standard flat-bottom 96 well plates
References for Ammonia Assay Kit - Modified Berthelot - (Colorimetric) (ab102509)
ab102509 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.