Anti-Amylin antibody [R10/99] (ab11022)
- Product nameAnti-Amylin antibody [R10/99]See all Amylin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [R10/99] to Amylin
- SpecificityThe antibody is of high affinity, and stains islet amyloid peptide in intra-cellular insulin granules, intra-cellular amyloid and extra-cellular islet amyloid.
- Tested applicationsIHC-Fr, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat, Rabbit, Chicken, Guinea pig, Cat, Dog, Chinese Hamster
Synthetic peptide: CATQRLANFLV, corresponding to Internal sequence amino acids 40-50 of Human Amylin coupled to tuberculin.
- General notesThis product should be stored undiluted. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium Azide
Constituents: Tissue Culture Supernatant
- PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberR10/99
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Energy transfer pathways
- Energy Metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab11022 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
This product does not require protein digestion pre-treatment of paraffin sections.
This product does not require antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.
Not tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionSelectively inhibits insulin-stimulated glucose utilization and glycogen deposition in muscle, while not affecting adipocyte glucose metabolism.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the calcitonin family.
- DomainThe mature protein is largely unstructured in the absence of a cognate ligand, and has a strong tendency to form fibrillar aggregates. Homodimerization may be the first step of amyloid formation.
modificationsAmyloid fibrils are degraded by IDE.
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
- Entrez Gene: 751513 Cat
- Entrez Gene: 3375 Human
- Entrez Gene: 15874 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 100009489 Rabbit
- Entrez Gene: 24476 Rat
- Omim: 147940 Human
- SwissProt: P12967 Cat
- SwissProt: P10997 Human
- SwissProt: P12968 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q07334 Rabbit
- SwissProt: P12969 Rat
- Unigene: 46835 Human
- Unigene: 415 Mouse
- Unigene: 11394 Rat
- Amylin antibodyDAP antibodyDiabetes associated peptide antibody
- Diabetes-associated peptide antibodyIAP antibodyIAP antibodyIAPP antibodyIAPP_HUMAN antibodyInsulinoma amyloid peptide antibodyIslet amyloid polypeptide (diabetes associated peptide; amylin) antibodyislet amyloid polypeptide antibody
Anti-Amylin antibody [R10/99] images
This image shows paraffin embedded mouse pancreatic islets stained with ab11022 at a dilution of 1:200, secondary stain Alexa-Fluor 488 (anti-mouse) at 1:250 dilution.
ab11022, at a dilution of 1/100, staining Amylin in human pancreas section by Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections). It shows labeling of Islet of Langerhans.
References for Anti-Amylin antibody [R10/99] (ab11022)
ab11022 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.