- Product nameAndrographolide
- DescriptionPotent anti-inflammatory agent
- Purity> 99%
- Chemical name(3E,4S)-3-[2-[(1R,4aS,5R,6R,8aS)-Decahydro-6-hydroxy-5-(hydroxymethyl)-5,8a-dimethyl-2-methylene-1-napthalenyl]ethylidene] dihydro-4-hydroxy-2(3H)-furanone
- Molecular Weight350.45
- Chemical structure
- Molecular formulaC20H30O5
- CAS Number5508-58-7
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C.
- Solubility overviewSoluble in DMSO to 100 mM and in ethanol to 10 mM
Providing storage is as stated on the product vial and the vial is kept tightly sealed, the product can be stored for up to 6 months.
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
MALME-3M cells were incubated at 37°C for 24h with vehicle control (0 µM) and 1 µM andrographolide (ab120636). Increased expression of p53 in MALME-3M cells correlates with an increase in andrographolide concentration, as described in literature.
Whole cell lysates were prepared with RIPA buffer (containing protease inhibitors and sodium orthovanadate), 10µg of each were loaded on the gel and the WB was run under reducing conditions. After transfer the membrane was blocked for an hour using 5% BSA before being incubated with ab26 at 5 µg/ml and ab8227 at 1 µg/ml overnight at 4°C. Antibody binding was detected using an anti-mouse antibody conjugated to HRP (ab97040 ) at 1/10000 dilution and visualised using ECL development solution.
References for Andrographolide (ab120636)
This product has been referenced in:
- Chan SJ et al. Neuroprotective effects of andrographolide in a rat model of permanent cerebral ischaemia. Br J Pharmacol 161:668-79 (2010). Read more (PubMed: 20880404) »
- Lin FL et al. Antioxidant, antioedema and analgesic activities of Andrographis paniculata extracts and their active constituent andrographolide. Phytother Res 23:958-64 (2009). Read more (PubMed: 19142986) »
- Burgos RA et al. Andrographolide inhibits IFN-gamma and IL-2 cytokine production and protects against cell apoptosis. Planta Med 71:429-34 (2005). Read more (PubMed: 15931581) »