Anti-Angiotensin Converting Enzyme 1 antibody (ab28311)
- Product nameAnti-Angiotensin Converting Enzyme 1 antibodySee all Angiotensin Converting Enzyme 1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Angiotensin Converting Enzyme 1
- Specificityab28311 recognizes metallopeptidase ACE1.
- Tested applicationsWB, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
The antibody is made to a synthetic peptide based on the first peptidase unit of human ACE1 (Human).
(Peptide available as ab41278.)
- Positive controlACE1 is found in the lung, kidney, heart, pancreas, prostate, testis, small intestine and colon, and is found in cell lysates and as shed or processed forms in cell culture media and in biological fluids.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Sucrose, PBS
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesThe antibody has been peptide-affinity purified and concentrated.
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab28311 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/1000. Can be blocked with Angiotensin Converting Enzyme 1 peptide (Aminoterminal end catalytic domain) (ab41278). when using colorimetric substrates such as BCIP/NBT and 1/5000 for chemiluminescent substrates. Predicted molecular weight: 150 kDa. Dilution optimised using Chromogenic detection|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/500. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with Tris/EDTA buffer pH 9.0 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
- RelevanceACE converts angiotensin I to angiotensin II by release of the terminal His-Leu, this results in an increase of the vasoconstrictor activity of angiotensin. Also able to inactivate bradykinin, a potent vasodilatator. ACE exists in two forms, a 170KD somatic form and a 90KD germinal form. The somatic form is expressed by endothelial cells (especially those of lung capillaries and arterioles), epithelial cells (especially in proximal renal tubules and small intestine), by some neuronal cells and variably by some macrophages and T lymphocytes. The germinal form is expressed by spermatozoa.
- Cellular localizationCell Membrane
- ACE 1 antibodyACE 1 antibodyACE antibody
- ACE antibodyACE T antibodyACE T antibodyACE1 antibodyACE1 antibodyAngiotensin converting enzyme somatic isoform antibodyAngiotensin converting enzyme somatic isoform antibodyAngiotensin converting enzyme testis specific isoform antibodyAngiotensin converting enzyme testis specific isoform antibodyAngiotensin I converting enzyme 1 antibodyAngiotensin I converting enzyme antibodyAngiotensin I converting enzyme antibodyAngiotensin I converting enzyme peptidyl dipeptidase A 1 antibodyCarboxycathepsin antibodyCarboxycathepsin antibodyCD 143 antibodyCD143 antibodyCD143 antibodyCD143 antigen antibodyDCP 1 antibodyDCP 1 antibodyDCP antibodyDCP1 antibodyDCP1 antibodyDipeptidyl carboxypeptidase 1 antibodyDipeptidyl carboxypeptidase 1 antibodyKininase II antibodyKininase II antibodyMGC26566 antibodyMVCD3 antibodyPeptidase P antibodyPeptidase P antibodyPeptidyl dipeptidase A antibodyPeptidyl dipeptidase A antibodyTesticular ECA antibody
Anti-Angiotensin Converting Enzyme 1 antibody images
Lane 1 : Molecular weight markers
Lanes 2 - 4 : Anti-Angiotensin Converting Enzyme 1 antibody (ab28311) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : As above
Lane 2 : ACE1 at 0.05 µg
Lane 3 : ACE1 at 0.01 µg
Lane 4 : ACE1 at 0.001 µg
Observed band size : 150 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
ab28311 staining Angiotensin Converting Enzyme 1 antibody - Aminoterminal end catalytic domain in human mesenteric artery tissue by Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections).Tissue was fixed in paraformaldehyde and a heat mediated antigen retrieval step was performed using TRIS pH 9.0, 123°C for 1 minute. Samples were then permeabilized using 0.1% Triton, blocked with 3% BSA for 30 minutes at 25°C and then incubated with ab28311 at a 1/500 dilution for 16 hours at 4°C. The secondary used was an undiluted goat anti-rabbit polyclonal-HRP.
References for Anti-Angiotensin Converting Enzyme 1 antibody (ab28311)
ab28311 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.