Anti-Angiotensin I antibody (Biotin) (ab47829)
- Product nameAnti-Angiotensin I antibody (Biotin)See all Angiotensin I primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Angiotensin I (Biotin)
- Tested applicationsRIA, IP, ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide: C-DRVYIHPFHL conjugated to KLH via cysteine, corresponding to amino acids 34-43 of Human Angiotensin I
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Thimerosal (merthiolate)
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS, pH 7.5
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Lipid metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab47829 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|RIA||RIA: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IP||IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|ELISA||ELISA: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- FunctionEssential component of the renin-angiotensin system (RAS), a potent regulator of blood pressure, body fluid and electrolyte homeostasis. In response to lowered blood pressure, the enzyme renin cleaves angiotensinogen to produce angiotensin-1 (angiotensin 1-10). Angiotensin-1 is a substrate of ACE (angiotensin converting enzyme) that removes a dipeptide to yield the physiologically active peptide angiotensin-2 (angiotensin 1-8). Angiotensin-1 and angiotensin-2 can be further processed to generate angiotensin-3 (angiotensin 2-8), angiotensin-4 (angiotensin 3-8). Angiotensin 1-7 is cleaved from angiotensin-2 by ACE2 or from angiotensin-1 by MME (neprilysin). Angiotensin 1-9 is cleaved from angiotensin-1 by ACE2.
Angiotensin-2 acts directly on vascular smooth muscle as a potent vasoconstrictor, affects cardiac contractility and heart rate through its action on the sympathetic nervous system, and alters renal sodium and water absorption through its ability to stimulate the zona glomerulosa cells of the adrenal cortex to synthesize and secrete aldosterone.
Angiotensin-3 stimulates aldosterone release.
Angiotensin 1-7 is a ligand for the G-protein coupled receptor MAS1 (By similarity). Has vasodilator and antidiuretic effects (By similarity). Has an antithrombotic effect that involves MAS1-mediated release of nitric oxide from platelets.
- Tissue specificityExpressed by the liver and secreted in plasma.
- Involvement in diseaseGenetic variations in AGT are a cause of susceptibility to essential hypertension (EHT) [MIM:145500]. Essential hypertension is a condition in which blood pressure is consistently higher than normal with no identifiable cause.
Defects in AGT are a cause of renal tubular dysgenesis (RTD) [MIM:267430]. RTD is an autosomal recessive severe disorder of renal tubular development characterized by persistent fetal anuria and perinatal death, probably due to pulmonary hypoplasia from early-onset oligohydramnios (the Potter phenotype).
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the serpin family.
modificationsBeta-decarboxylation of Asp-34 in angiotensin-2, by mononuclear leukocytes produces alanine. The resulting peptide form, angiotensin-A, has the same affinity for the AT1 receptor as angiotensin-2, but a higher affinity for the AT2 receptor.
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
- AGT antibodyAlpha 1 antiproteinase antitrypsin antibodyAng I antibody
- Ang II antibodyAng III antibodyAngiotensin 1 antibodyAngiotensin I antibodyAngiotensin II antibodyAngiotensin III antibodyAngiotensin-3 antibodyAngiotensinogen antibodyAngiotensinogen serpin peptidase inhibitor clade A member 8 antibodyANGT_HUMAN antibodyANHU antibodyDes-Asp-angiotensin II antibodyFLJ92595 antibodyFLJ97926 antibodyOTTHUMP00000035878 antibodyPre angiotensinogen antibodySerine or cysteine proteinase inhibitor antibodySerpin A8 antibodySERPINA8 antibody
References for Anti-Angiotensin I antibody (Biotin) (ab47829)
ab47829 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.