Anti-Anillin antibody (ab52059)
- Product nameAnti-Anillin antibodySee all Anillin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionGoat polyclonal to Anillin
- Tested applicationsWB, ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat, Dog
Synthetic peptide: C-TYPDDEKRKNP, corresponding to internal sequence amino acids 1018-1028 of Human Anillin
- Positive controlHuman or mouse Brain lysate.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.5% BSA, Tris saline, pH 7.3
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesPurified from goat serum by ammonium sulphate precipitation followed by antigen affinity chromatography using the immunizing peptide.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab52059 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
WB: Use at a concentration of 1.0 - 3.0 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 100 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 124 kDa).
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionRequired for cytokinesis. Essential for the structural integrity of the cleavage furrow and for completion of cleavage furrow ingression.
- Tissue specificityUbiquitously expressed. Present at highest levels in the brain, at high levels in the placenta and testis, at intermediate levels in the intestine, ovary, skeletal muscle and thymus and at lower levels in heart, kidney, liver, lung, pancreas, prostate and spleen. Overexpressed in many tumor types including breast, colorectal, endometrial, hepatic, kidney, lung, ovarian and pancreatic tumors.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 1 PH domain.
- Developmental stageExpressed in fetal brain, heart, kidney, liver, lung, skeletal muscle, spleen and thymus. In dividing cells expression increases during S and G2 phases, peaks at mitosis and subsequently drops as cells enter G1 phase.
modificationsPhosphorylated during mitosis.
Ubiquitinated, and this requires FZR1/CDH1.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm > cytoskeleton. Cytoplasm > cell cortex. Mainly found in the nucleus during interphase. Colocalizes with cortical F-actin upon nuclear envelope breakdown in mitosis and subsequently concentrates in the area of the prospective contractile ring in anaphase. This pattern persists until telophase, when the protein becomes concentrated in the midbody.
- Actin binding protein scraps homolog Drosophila antibodyActin binding protein anillin antibodyActin-binding protein anillin antibody
- Anillin actin binding protein antibodyANLN antibodyANLN_HUMAN antibodyDKFZp779A055 antibodyScra antibodyScraps antibodyScraps homolog antibody
Anti-Anillin antibody images
Anti-Anillin antibody (ab52059) at 1 µg/ml + Mouse Brain lysate (35µg protein in RIPA buffer).
Predicted band size : 124 kDa
Observed band size : 100 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
References for Anti-Anillin antibody (ab52059)
ab52059 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.