Anti-Ankyrin erythroid antibody (ab58698)
- Product nameAnti-Ankyrin erythroid antibodySee all Ankyrin erythroid primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Ankyrin erythroid
- Tested applicationsWB, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat, Cow, Dog
Synthetic peptide: RRQIDLSSAD AAQEHEEVEL RGSGLQPDLI EGRKGAQIVK RASLKRGKQ, corresponding to C terminal amino acids 107-155 of Human Ankyrin erythroid
- Positive control
- Jurkat cell lysate Squamous epithelial cells of human skin Alveolar cells of human lung
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: 2% Sucrose, PBS
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab58698 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1.25 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 21 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 17 kDa). Good results were obtained when blocked with 5% non-fat dry milk in 0.05% PBS-T.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
- FunctionAttaches integral membrane proteins to cytoskeletal elements; binds to the erythrocyte membrane protein band 4.2, to Na-K ATPase, to the lymphocyte membrane protein GP85, and to the cytoskeletal proteins fodrin, tubulin, vimentin and desmin. Erythrocyte ankyrins also link spectrin (beta chain) to the cytoplasmic domain of the erythrocytes anion exchange protein; they retain most or all of these binding functions.
Isoform Mu17 together with obscurin in skeletal muscle may provide a molecular link between the sarcoplasmic reticulum and myofibrils.
- Tissue specificityIsoform Mu17, isoform Mu18, isoform Mu19 and isoform Mu20 are expressed in skeletal muscle. Isoform Br21 is expressed in brain.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in ANK1 are a cause of spherocytosis type 1 (SPH1) [MIM:182900]; also called hereditary spherocytosis type 1 (HS1). Spherocytosis is a hematologic disorder leading to chronic hemolytic anemia and characterized by numerous abnormally shaped erythrocytes which are generally spheroidal. Inheritance can be autosomal dominant or recessive.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 23 ANK repeats.
Contains 1 death domain.
Contains 1 ZU5 domain.
- DomainThe 55 kDa regulatory domain is involved in regulating binding of SPTB/spectrin (beta chain) and SLC4A1/erythrocyte membrane protein band 3.
The ANK repeat region forms a spiral around a large central cavity and is involved in binding of ion transporters.
modificationsRegulated by phosphorylation.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton. Probably the other erythrocyte (Er) isoforms, are located near the surface of erythrocytic plasma membrane; Sarcoplasmic reticulum and Membrane. Cytoplasm > myofibril > sarcomere > M line. Colocalizes with OBSCN isoform 3/obscurin at the M line in differentiated skeletal muscle cells.
- ANK antibody
- ANK-1 antibody
- Ank1 antibody
- ANK1_HUMAN antibody
- Ankyrin 1 antibody
- Ankyrin 1, erythrocytic antibody
- Ankyrin R antibody
- Ankyrin-1 antibody
- Ankyrin-R antibody
- Erythrocyte ankyrin antibody
- SPH1 antibody
- SPH2 antibody
Anti-Ankyrin erythroid antibody images
All lanes : Anti-Ankyrin erythroid antibody (ab58698) at 1.25 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Marker
Lane 2 : Jurkat cell lysate at 10 µg
HRP conjugated anti-Rabbit IgG at 1/50000 dilution
Predicted band size : 17 kDa
Observed band size : 21 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Paraffin embedded human skin labelled with ab58698 at 8µg/ml. Positively labelled squamous epithelial cells are indicated with arrows. Magnification: 400X
Paraffin embedded human lung tissue labelled with ab58698 at 8µg/ml. Positively labelled alveolar cells are indicated with arrows. Magnification: 400X
Immunohistochemistry of Human Lung lysate tissue at an antibody concentration of 4-8µg/ml using anti-ANK1 antibody (ab58698)
Immunohistochemistry of Human Skin lysate tissue at an antibody concentration of 4-8µg/ml using anti-ANK1 antibody (ab58698)
References for Anti-Ankyrin erythroid antibody (ab58698)
This product has been referenced in:
- Mortensen M et al. The autophagy protein Atg7 is essential for hematopoietic stem cell maintenance. J Exp Med 208:455-67 (2011). IHC-P ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 21339326) »