Anti-Annexin A2 antibody (ab40943)
- Product nameAnti-Annexin A2 antibodySee all Annexin A2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Annexin A2
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Sheep, Chicken, Cow, Dog, Xenopus laevis
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH derived from within residues 200 - 300 of Human Annexin II.
(Peptide available as ab41801.)
- Positive controlThis antibody gave a positive signal in the following whole cell lysates: HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line), HEK293 (Human embryonic kidney cell line), HepG2 (Human hepatocellular liver carcinoma cell line).
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab40943 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 38 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 38 kDa).Can be blocked with Annexin II peptide (ab41801) or Annexin II peptide (ab41802).|
- FunctionCalcium-regulated membrane-binding protein whose affinity for calcium is greatly enhanced by anionic phospholipids. It binds two calcium ions with high affinity. May be involved in heat-stress response.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the annexin family.
Contains 4 annexin repeats.
- DomainA pair of annexin repeats may form one binding site for calcium and phospholipid.
modificationsPhosphorylation of Tyr-24 enhances heat stress-induced translocation to the cell surface.
- Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix > basement membrane. Melanosome. In the lamina beneath the plasma membrane. Identified by mass spectrometry in melanosome fractions from stage I to stage IV. Translocated from the cytoplasm to the cell surface through a Golgi-independent mechanism.
- Entrez Gene: 396297 Chicken
- Entrez Gene: 282689 Cow
- Entrez Gene: 403435 Dog
- Entrez Gene: 302 Human
- Entrez Gene: 12306 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 56611 Rat
- NCBI: 4757756 Human
- Omim: 151740 Human
- SwissProt: P17785 Chicken
- SwissProt: P04272 Cow
- SwissProt: Q6TEQ7 Dog
- SwissProt: Q8TBV2 Human
- SwissProt: Q567R4 Human
- SwissProt: P07355 Human
- SwissProt: P07356 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q07936 Rat
- Unigene: 511605 Human
- Unigene: 238343 Mouse
- Unigene: 90546 Rat
- Annexin A2 antibodyAnnexin II antibodyAnnexin-2 antibody
- ANX 2 antibodyANX2 antibodyANX2L4 antibodyANXA2 antibodyANXA2_HUMAN antibodyarylsulfatase B antibodyCAL1H antibodyCalpactin I heavy chain antibodycalpactin I heavy polypeptide (p36) antibodyCalpactin-1 heavy chain antibodychromobindin 8 antibodyChromobindin-8 antibodyLIP2 antibodyLipocortin II antibodyLPC2 antibodyLPC2D antibodyP36 antibodyP36 protein antibodyPAP-IV antibodyplacental anticoagulant protein IV antibodyProtein I antibody
Anti-Annexin A2 antibody images
All lanes : Anti-Annexin A2 antibody (ab40943) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 : HEK293 (Human embryonic kidney cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 3 : HepG2 (Human hepatocellular liver carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
IRDye 680 Conjugated Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG (H+L) at 1/10000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 38 kDa
Observed band size : 38 kDa
Additional bands at : 95 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
References for Anti-Annexin A2 antibody (ab40943)
This product has been referenced in:
- Ren X et al. Proteomic analysis of purified Newcastle disease virus particles. Proteome Sci 10:32 (2012). WB . Read more (PubMed: 22571704) »
- Kong Q et al. Proteomic analysis of purified coronavirus infectious bronchitis virus particles. Proteome Sci 8:29 (2010). WB . Read more (PubMed: 20534109) »