Annexin V-Cy3 Apoptosis Detection Kit with SYTOX (ab14144)
- Product nameAnnexin V-Cy3 Apoptosis Detection Kit with SYTOXSee all Annexin V kits ...
- Tests100 x 1 assay
- Sample typeAdherent cells, Suspension cells
- Assay typeDirect
- Assay time0h 10m
- Product overview
Abcam's Annexin V-Cy3 Apoptosis Detection Kit with SYTOX includes Annexin V-Cy3, SYTOX green dye, and binding buffer. The SYTOX green dye is impermeant to live cells and apoptotic cells, but stains necrotic cells with intense green fluorescence by binding to cellular nucleic acids. After staining a cell population with annexin V-Cy3 and SYTOX Green dye in the provided binding buffer, apoptotic cells show red fluorescence, dead cells show green fluorescence and live cells show little or no fluorescence. These populations can easily be distinguished by Fluorescence microscopy using FITC and rhodamine filters or by flow cytometry using the FL1 channel (Ex. 488 nm/Em. 530 nm) for SYTOX Green dye and FL2 channel for Annexin V-Cy3 (Ex. 543 nm/Em. 570 nm).
Visit our FAQs page for tips and troubleshooting.
The assay is based on the observation that soon after initiating apoptosis, cells translocate the membrane phospholipid phosphatidylserine (PS) from the inner face of the plasma membrane to the cell surface. Once on the cell surface, PS can easily be detected by staining with a fluorescent conjugate of Annexin V, a protein that has a strong natural affinity for PS. The one-step staining procedure takes only 10 minutes. In addition, the assay can be directly performed on live cells, without the need of fixation.
- Tested applicationsFlow Cyt, Fluorescence Microscopy more details
Components 100 tests Annexin V-Cy3 1 x 500µl Binding Buffer 1 x 50ml SYTOX Green Dye 1 x 100µl
- Research Areas
- FunctionThis protein is an anticoagulant protein that acts as an indirect inhibitor of the thromboplastin-specific complex, which is involved in the blood coagulation cascade.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the annexin family.
Contains 4 annexin repeats.
- DomainA pair of annexin repeats may form one binding site for calcium and phospholipid.
- Anchorin CII
- Annexin 5
- Annexin A5
- Annexin V
- ANX 5
- ANX A5
- Calphobindin I
- CBP I
- Endonexin II
- ENX 2
- Lipocortin V
- PAP I
- Placental anticoagulant protein 4
- Placental anticoagulant protein I
- PP 4
- Thromboplastin inhibitor
- VAC alpha
- Vascular anticoagulant alpha
- Vascular anticoagulant-alpha
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab14144 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt|
|Fluorescence Microscopy||Fluorescence Microscopy|
References for Annexin V-Cy3 Apoptosis Detection Kit with SYTOX (ab14144)
This product has been referenced in:
- Alshatwi AA et al. The apoptotic effect of hesperetin on human cervical cancer cells is mediated through cell cycle arrest, death receptor, and mitochondrial pathways. Fundam Clin Pharmacol N/A:N/A (2012). Read more (PubMed: 22913657) »
- Ramesh E & Alshatwi AA Naringin induces death receptor and mitochondria-mediated apoptosis in human cervical cancer (SiHa) cells. Food Chem Toxicol 51C:97-105 (2012). Read more (PubMed: 22847135) »