Annexin V-Cy5 Apoptosis Detection Kit (ab14150)
- Product nameAnnexin V-Cy5 Apoptosis Detection KitSee all Annexin V kits ...
- Tests100 x 1 assay
- Sample typeAdherent cells, Suspension cells
- Assay typeDirect
- Assay time0h 10m
- Product overview
Abcam's Annexin V Apoptosis Detection Kit is based on the observation that soon after initiating apoptosis, cells translocate the membrane phosphatidyl-serine (PS) from the inner face of the plasma membrane to the cell surface. Once on the cell surface, PS can be easily detected by staining with a fluorescent conjugate of Annexin V, a protein that has a high affinity for PS. The one-step staining procedure takes only 10 minutes. Detection can be analyzed by flow cytometry or by fluorescence microscopy.
Visit our FAQs page for tips and troubleshooting.
- Tested applicationsFluorescence Microscopy, Flow Cyt more details
Components 100 tests Annexin V Cy5 1 x 500µl Binding Buffer 1 x 50ml
- Research Areas
- FunctionThis protein is an anticoagulant protein that acts as an indirect inhibitor of the thromboplastin-specific complex, which is involved in the blood coagulation cascade.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the annexin family.
Contains 4 annexin repeats.
- DomainA pair of annexin repeats may form one binding site for calcium and phospholipid.
- Anchorin CII
- Annexin 5
- Annexin A5
- Annexin V
- ANX 5
- ANX A5
- Calphobindin I
- CBP I
- Endonexin II
- ENX 2
- Lipocortin V
- PAP I
- Placental anticoagulant protein 4
- Placental anticoagulant protein I
- PP 4
- Thromboplastin inhibitor
- VAC alpha
- Vascular anticoagulant alpha
- Vascular anticoagulant-alpha
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab14150 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Fluorescence Microscopy||Fluorescence Microscopy|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt|
References for Annexin V-Cy5 Apoptosis Detection Kit (ab14150)
This product has been referenced in:
- Courtois ET et al. In Vitro and in Vivo Enhanced Generation of Human A9 Dopamine Neurons from Neural Stem Cells by Bcl-XL. J Biol Chem 285:9881-97 (2010). Read more (PubMed: 20106970) »
- Glauser DL et al. Inhibition of herpes simplex virus type 1 replication by adeno-associated virus rep proteins depends on their combined DNA-binding and ATPase/helicase activities. J Virol 84:3808-24 (2010). Read more (PubMed: 20106923) »