Annexin V-FITC Apoptosis Detection Kit (ab14085)
- Product nameAnnexin V-FITC Apoptosis Detection KitSee all Annexin V kits ...
- Tests100 x 1 assay
- Sample typeAdherent cells, Suspension cells
- Assay typeDirect
- Assay time0h 10m
- Product overview
Abcam's Annexin V-FITC Apoptosis Detection Kit is based on the observation that soon after initiating apoptosis, cells translocate the membrane phosphatidylserine (PS) from the inner face of the plasma membrane to the cell surface. Once on the cell surface, PS can be easily detected by staining with a fluorescent conjugate of Annexin V, a protein that has a high affinity for PS. The one-step staining procedure takes only 10 minutes. Detection can be analyzed by flow cytometry or by fluorescence microscopy. The kit can differentiate apoptosis vs necrosis when performing both Annexin V-FITC and PI staining.
Visit our FAQs page for tips and troubleshooting.
- Tested applicationsFluorescence Microscopy, Flow Cyt more details
Components 100 tests Annexin V-FITC 1 x 500µl Binding Buffer 1 x 50ml Propidium iodide 1 x 500µl
- Research Areas
Contains 4 annexin repeats.
- Anchorin CIIAnnexin 5Annexin A5
- Annexin VAnnexin-5Annexin5AnnexinA5AnnexinVANX 5ANX A5ANX5ANXA5ANXA5_HUMANCalphobindin ICBP ICBP-IEndonexin IIENX 2ENX2Lipocortin VPAP IPAP-IPlacental anticoagulant protein 4Placental anticoagulant protein IPP 4Pp4RPRGL3Thromboplastin inhibitorVAC alphaVAC-alphaVascular anticoagulant alphaVascular anticoagulant-alpha
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab14085 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Fluorescence Microscopy||Fluorescence Microscopy|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt|
Annexin V-FITC Apoptosis Detection Kit images
Annexin V-FITC/ PI staining of AG06173 primary fibroblasts.
105 cells were used for analysis. Resuspended cells were incubated with Annexin V-FITC for 15 min in the dark. Propidium iodide was used as a counterstain to discriminate necrotic/ dead cells from apoptotic cells. Left: negative control - AG6173 untreated cells. Right: positive control - AG6173 cells irradiated at 10 Gy.
Image courtesy of S. Khoronenkova PhD, Gray Institute for Radiation Oncology and Biology, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK.
References for Annexin V-FITC Apoptosis Detection Kit (ab14085)
This product has been referenced in:
- Wang K et al. miR-92b controls glioma proliferation and invasion through regulating Wnt/beta-catenin signaling via Nemo-like kinase. Neuro Oncol 15:578-88 (2013). Read more (PubMed: 23416699) »
- Syed F et al. In vitro study of novel collagenase (XIAFLEX®) on Dupuytren's disease fibroblasts displays unique drug related properties. PLoS One 7:e31430 (2012). Read more (PubMed: 22384021) »