Annexin V-FITC Apoptosis Detection Kit (ab14085)
- Product nameAnnexin V-FITC Apoptosis Detection KitSee all Annexin V kits ...
- Tests100 x 1 assay
- Sample typeAdherent cells, Suspension cells
- Assay typeDirect
- Assay time0h 10m
- Product overview
Abcam's Annexin V-FITC Apoptosis Detection Kit is based on the observation that soon after initiating apoptosis, cells translocate the membrane phosphatidylserine (PS) from the inner face of the plasma membrane to the cell surface. Once on the cell surface, PS can be easily detected by staining with a fluorescent conjugate of Annexin V, a protein that has a high affinity for PS. The one-step staining procedure takes only 10 minutes. Detection can be analyzed by flow cytometry or by fluorescence microscopy. The kit can differentiate apoptosis vs necrosis when performing both Annexin V-FITC and PI staining.
Visit our FAQs page for tips and troubleshooting.
- Tested applicationsFluorescence Microscopy, Flow Cyt more details
Components 100 tests Annexin V-FITC 1 x 500µl Binding Buffer 1 x 50ml Propidium iodide 1 x 500µl
- Research Areas
- FunctionThis protein is an anticoagulant protein that acts as an indirect inhibitor of the thromboplastin-specific complex, which is involved in the blood coagulation cascade.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the annexin family.
Contains 4 annexin repeats.
- DomainA pair of annexin repeats may form one binding site for calcium and phospholipid.
- Anchorin CII
- Annexin 5
- Annexin A5
- Annexin V
- ANX 5
- ANX A5
- Calphobindin I
- CBP I
- Endonexin II
- ENX 2
- Lipocortin V
- PAP I
- Placental anticoagulant protein 4
- Placental anticoagulant protein I
- PP 4
- Thromboplastin inhibitor
- VAC alpha
- Vascular anticoagulant alpha
- Vascular anticoagulant-alpha
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab14085 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Fluorescence Microscopy||Fluorescence Microscopy|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt|
Annexin V-FITC Apoptosis Detection Kit images
Annexin V-FITC/ PI staining of AG06173 primary fibroblasts.
105 cells were used for analysis. Resuspended cells were incubated with Annexin V-FITC for 15 min in the dark. Propidium iodide was used as a counterstain to discriminate necrotic/ dead cells from apoptotic cells. Left: negative control - AG6173 untreated cells. Right: positive control - AG6173 cells irradiated at 10 Gy.
Image courtesy of S. Khoronenkova PhD, Gray Institute for Radiation Oncology and Biology, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK.
References for Annexin V-FITC Apoptosis Detection Kit (ab14085)
This product has been referenced in:
- Wang K et al. miR-92b controls glioma proliferation and invasion through regulating Wnt/beta-catenin signaling via Nemo-like kinase. Neuro Oncol 15:578-88 (2013). Read more (PubMed: 23416699) »
- Guo W et al. CTA095, a novel Etk and Src dual inhibitor, induces apoptosis in prostate cancer cells and overcomes resistance to Src inhibitors. PLoS One 8:e70910 (2013). Read more (PubMed: 23967135) »